LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update 2)
Roland Melkert Wrote:
Milan Vančura Wrote:Can you explain why did you set caps to "two" or "B" there, if the intention (as I understand it) is to create one big sliding stick?
You are right the bottom one should use the 'b' cap. I forgot to rotate it Smile
Hehe. If I was right about anything there it's just a matter of luck. I more asked for an explanation, to understand caps better. Because, as I understand them, if I want to put several snap_cyl metas in a (curved) row, the correct caps value is None with Slide=True. To simulate one long rod without any interruption. And now, I expect I'm not correct with this understanding as you changed all caps parameters to "both" value. ??

Originally, I wanted to check my new files (Animals) for caps, with this new understanding (your answer) but, in the end, I was too impatient and sent the set of shadow files, already Smile I may confirm I tested those caps values in the editor and they work as intended. Including cases where they come from subparts. So I hope they are OK - please let me know if I still understand anything incorrectly from your POV.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update 2) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-21, 19:20
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34