LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update)
Roland Melkert Wrote:Don't feel bad/discouraged about the above notes, all info was still quite usable and is very much appreciated.

Not discouraged at all, this information is much appreciated!

Roland Melkert Wrote:
  • All the traffic signs can be done by only adding the clip in the used primitive, so I've added that instead.

And to think of the time I could have saved had I known that (not blaming anyone but myself, I've really only known about LDraw for a couple weeks)! ;-) I keep meaning to dig into the file formats a little more to better understand them, I had thought that this might be possible on other parts but the thought didn't cross my mind with these signs. I'll be diving into that a little more before I edit some more parts.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:Ah, I missed there is a subfile, sorry for that. I need better glasses Smile
Mikeheide's LDStructure can be a great help to navigate the tree of part dependancies.

Thanks Philippe! I'm still learning about the files and how they work/relate to each other. This looks like it will help a lot.

Roland Melkert Wrote:
  • I redid both flower parts as the perfectionist in me couldn't help be bothered by the tiny offsets. There are some tricks you can use in the editor to obtain orientations from primitive usage (4-4cyli.dat in this case), maybe I'll should make a tutorial for this.

I realize a tutorial might be a bit time consuming, but I think it would probably be well worth the time. Those that are editing parts would be able to benefit from it and the returns for you would be worth the effort. Keep up the great work!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update) - by Jason McReynolds - 2015-10-15, 15:32
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34