LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update)
Attached is a new shadow library file (rename it to .csl), it includes most changed/additions made by people other than me.

Thanks to all.

I do have some general notes on the donated files though.
  • 6126: I'm not sure about the hole in the 'flame', shoudn't it be a clip and if so doesn't it need one on the other side too? I also moved this info to the subfile.
  • All the traffic signs can be done by only adding the clip in the used primitive, so I've added that instead.
  • I redid both flower parts as the perfectionist in me couldn't help be bothered by the tiny offsets. There are some tricks you can use in the editor to obtain orientations from primitive usage (4-4cyli.dat in this case), maybe I'll should make a tutorial for this.
  • I noticed some of you used multiple meta's to describe the same shape (e.g. a bar with an axle section)., please use multiple sections in the same SNAP_CYL for this. I think I corrected them all but I might have missed some.
  • Alias, color, moved to, etc parts should never have a shadow file, instead edit the real .dat it references. (Warning: a direct shadow for such an alias can even crash the application when rendered in the bin, as it is a situation I did not account for. Will fix it though).
  • 2850a 2850b seem to be missing even with the 1501 update in place.
  • Anti stud in between e.g. the 2x4 plain antistuds should currently not be included (i commented them out in 2717)

Don't feel bad/discouraged about the above notes, all info was still quite usable and is very much appreciated.

fun fact: You can use the 1501 library update zip without merging it with complete.zip by just adding it in front of the search paths using the same shadow as the off lib.

Attached Files
.zip   offLibShadow.zip (Size: 641.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (shadow update) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-10-15, 0:04
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34