LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Roland Melkert Wrote:
Milan Vančura Wrote:LDCad crashed sometimes for me but very rarely and at random moments.
...As for reporting the most important thing for me is a replication scheme, as it will be very difficult to find a bug other wise. But any pointers are welcome.
I have left the basic message only to emphasize the problem: so far I was not able to reproduce any such crash. Only I know is that it is neither the case of those well-known you mentioned in the last comment. For example, LDCad crashed once when I edited the pneumatic hose path and put both endpoints at the same point in the space. Looks as a good example but it is not: I have not been able to reproduce that since that time. And other crashes are even harder to describe.
That's why I asked how to help you with that. Is there any cmdline option or config option to turn logging to be verbose enough it helps you? Or do you want to build a non-stripped binary for me? I'm ready to test it if you tell me what&how to turn the testing/debugging mode on.

Roland Melkert Wrote:
Milan Vančura Wrote:"Save file" operation is still silent, even in cases the save operation was not successful (trying to 'save' into the zip fie etc.). Can you add a notice to the status bar?
I did this on purpose thinking you have been warned when starting editing the part, it will display a normal fail message if the writable part can't be saved. But I suppose I can add a 'nag' message so you at least retain the option to disable it again.
I'm sorry I'm not sure I parsed your answer correctly: I know about the warning popup window appearing when one starts to edit a part of a zip file. But I'm talking about a generic problem handling/reporting when the model is about to be saved. That's the problem. Another example, without any zip archive, to be more clear:

1. open/create some model, let's call it modeltest.mpd and save its first version containing one brick at 0,0,0 only
2. in your OS shell or file manager, make the file modeltest.mpd read-only (i.e. simulate a problem with file writing later)k
3. go back to LDCad and add another brick to the model
4. press ctrl-S - nothing visible happens (so the user expects the model is saved but that's not true)
5. press ctrl-W - a popup about non-saved modifications appears. Surprising for the user, he just "saved" the model - but "no problem" - he presses the "Yes" button and believes now the is saved for sure. No error message appears and the model window is closed!
7. load the model back - the first version without the second brick is what you can see, there is no way to see the second version, the one you believed (twice!) it is saved.

Same problem is with the file inside zip archive, only the problem description was more confusing. I hope it is clear now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-14, 21:07
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34