LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Great job on connectivity editing! It's a plasure to be able to define connectivity and test it at once in the same session.
Thanks, but I must say it was mostly for my own convenience Smile

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:I added connectivity to a few parts that missed it, zip file attached (is it the best way to share such information?).
Loose parts are ok to mail / or post here, and I'll add them to the default shadow (after some optional tweaks etc) if they are new to it. But if you are very keen on donoting info it might be a good idea to work on a specific category bin group or range of themed parts etc. That way I will avoid them while processing pars myself Smile

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:One thing mildly bothers me: when you press insert to duplicate a snap meta, the new copy doesn't inherit it's parent parameters (this also annoys me for flex part control points)
The insert key always adds the current 'work' part in its neutral state, unless there is a multiselection active in which case it will duplicate that. To always use duplicate even on single selections you can use ctrl+d .

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:The Technic Chain Tread 38 connect easily together, but if I cap the bar part at both ends to limit sliding, I get no connectivity at all...?
It might be grid stepping related or a bug, I'll look into it.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Speaking of sliding, what would you suggest to make these parts slide properly http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../18942.dat http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../18940.dat?
I would use square cylinder metas (or round ones, as it doesn't really matter in this case) using a group name to limit matches to these parts only.

Thanks for the part info.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-10-11, 19:48
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34