LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Hello Roland.

I was curious what is the difference between last Alpha and this Beta and I must say I'm fascinated! Of course, because of the snap info editor. It was easier to add missing snap info to the part then to place it manually to minifig's hand. Great!

One does not need to start MLCAD any longer and the created snap info is ready to use immediately, with no LDCad restart, no reconfiguration of ldraw library paths etc. I simply have two models open: the main one and the one with the part to fix. That's great not only for the main work but even for testing of the snap info correctness.

Unfortunately, I was not able to save the new information in any way then. Is that a bug or I missed something, please?
My workflow:

Saving:
1. turn snap editor on and click on the "Edit" icon of the desired part
2. new model for this part is open, add/fix the snap info there
2a. LDCad warns me that the original snap info comes from the zip file and so I'll have to save the result elsewhere
3. pressing "ctrl+S" does not cause any error message but saves nothing (expectable, after that warning, but some message would help here)
4. "File"->"Save as" menu item is grayed out so I cannot save it under another name or path
So what to do?

My workaround attempt:
Copy desired source file lines to the clipboard and edit the shadow file in the external editor (add header lines and save it to the parallel path as suggested in shadow/readme)

Using:
How to use that file? The ldraw configuration dialog does not allow two shadow paths for one library line. I can neither add another line with the same library path but different shadow path. Note this is a different case than with Unofficial parts: I have edited the info of the official part so (I believe) this info must be "coupled" with the official library of parts.
So I used a trick: a copy (symbolic link) of ldraw directory on the filesystem. But that does not work, too. The new snap info is simply ignored. Moreover I do not want to have such symlink as a permanent solution Smile

So far, it's easy to fix the snap info but I'm able to use only that what I created in the current editing session. Help, Roland! Big Grin

Edit: The example file I created is attached now. To check if I understand the mechanism correctly.

Attached Files
.dat   u9180s01.dat (Size: 259 bytes / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-11, 10:48
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Steffen - 2015-10-12, 18:47
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1 crashes - by Stephen - 2015-10-23, 11:34