LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
Hello Roland.

I use/test 1.5 Alpha 2 for some weeks so it's a time for the first report Wink

Roland Melkert Wrote:Full list of changes is always in the changeLog.txt file in the docs folder, the Alpha 2 section is this:

I must say I do not understand all items there so I could not test all features and fixes on this list. Instead, I summarize what I've found so far:
  • source window does not show the right end of lines
    1. unfold a submodel in src window
    2. narrow the src window so the horizontal scrollbar takes effect
    3. move the horizontal scrollbar to the rightest position
    4. => some lines aren't shown to their right edge, see http://www.ucw.cz/~milan/LEGO/temp/bugs_...t_edge.png

• application crashes after ctrl-X ctrl-V:
    1. in src window, select all lines (but the first) and do ctrl-X
    2. press ctrl-V and click after the first/only line to select the destination
    3. a pop-up window appears, press Discard button
    4. => segmentation fault

• GUI problems:
    • subwindow placement is not intuitive: it depends on the order of releasing ctrl and LMB
    • the rule "clicking anywhere to the 'dead' zone of the subwindow unreleases that from the layout" makes annoying surprises
      it's easy to click there accidentally and "whoooo!" - a subwindow flies freely over the main window now
      => I vote for a small graphical symbol to release the subwindow and then clicking to 'dead' area does nothing again
    • documentation, documentation, documentation
      in general, both hotkeys and mouse behavior in LDCad are unusual, comparing to other GUI applications on the system so documentation is really needed. At the release date, please.
      Two examples: how can I find the 'ctrl' trick to place subwindow? And 'ctrl-shift' trick to select continuous region of lines in src window?

• a question: how can I work with a submodel of submodel, in the main model? 'Nested' mode breaks everything to parts and 'Normal' mode does not allow me to select that submodel of submodel.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-06-21, 22:20