New header meta proposal: 0 !BOM

RE: New header meta proposal: 0 !BOM
This topic has unfortunately not been updated since 2015. What was the general consensus back then? Or was there even a consensus?

I think adding multiple levels of detail, type information and computed lengths is good in theory.
However. In practice I see very little need other than a simple 'annotation/text/help/pli' line for the parts where this is of interest. You can then add your own annotation to 'built' or generated parts, such as bent flex hose. This will also be my suggestion should there be interest for adding this to the standard.

In the past couple of days I have added PLI annotations to my website. I have pasted a couple of snippets below. These are currently saved in the database on a per-part level with just a simple text string, such as "#5", "12L", etc.

[Image: hKZBn1l.png]

It will be very easy to automatically add these annotations to .DAT files in whichever format we agree on, thus automating most of the update process to enrich the library with PLI annotations.

PS. Shout out to Philo for adding this amazing model to the OMR repository. It is great for debugging - especially TEXMAP!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New header meta proposal: 0 !BOM - by Lasse Deleuran - 2018-12-11, 18:08