Implement a maximum embedded image size

Good, but...
Is there an option for not doing anything to images if they are below a certain resolution, for instance:

[Image: EjnCL.png]

from this post appears only 20 pixels narrower and 11 pixels shorter (but still must be processed/re-compressed) and has no reason to have the "pop up full size in a box" effect when it could already be full size on the page to begin with.

Another example is

[Image: a0111809_4ed46f7275c66.png]

from this post.

I believe it is silly to have the enlarge feature for such images.

Furthermore (a separate issue), if I want to add an image in-line, I can't. For instance, if I wanted to post something like:

To rotate point x,y counter clockwise by angle θ in a plane, just do [Image: 0ed0d28652a45d730d096a56e2d0d0a3.png] and blah blah stuff stuff.

The image (according to the position of the image tag relative to the rest of my text) should appear in-between "do" and "and" but instead, it appears in-front of the entire line, and the surrounding text becomes "doand".

The above example is not perfect. Normally (I believe as is per convention for proofs and such) I would just put the equation on its own line... as I said, it's not a perfect example, that's not my point. My point, is that IMO we should have our images where we tell them to be.

The equation is another example of where clicking on the image has an unwanted/unneeded effect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Good, but... - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-02, 23:00
Re: Good, but... - by Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-03, 0:19