LDCad 1.4b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux)
Roland Melkert Wrote:After the rotation you can use ''o' to move the shock's length by the difference in length (blue info labels minus the starting length). I'll add a selection info mode for getting that difference in the next version.
Ah - yes, a good method for a shock absorber. But that wouldn't work for a fixed length part (typical example: links between ball pins).

Quote:I'm not sure what you mean, to get any angle you need a reference which is usually at least two vectors. The selection info uses the two sides of the triangle for that but I don't have that info with editing plane orientations.
OK, what I had in mind is meaningless. Kind of "absolute angle" projected in working plane. The purpose was to be able to rotate a part the same way as another. But I now realize that there is a much simpler way using local axes and ctrl+home...

Quote:Is/was selection info set to be relative to the editing plane? You could get slightly wrong values if it's not as it measure the angles of the selection 'triangle' otherwise.
Could you post (or email me) the model in it's current state so I can see exactly what you are trying to do.
I think I did the things well. At least the rotation window (see screen shot) says "current editing plane rotation". Two things I am sure:rotation angle value is correct, and rotationresult is wrong (regardless of display value, but this value seems right!)

I'll send you the model tomorrow (don't have it here).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-01-28, 23:04
LDCad 1.4b Documentation - by Roland Melkert - 2015-02-14, 23:54
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Jason Smith - 2015-02-15, 6:39
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Philippe Hurbain - 2015-02-25, 18:33
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-04-01, 9:50
Re: LDCad 1.4b (win+linux) - by Owen Dive - 2015-03-13, 10:48