Use of "LDraw" in the name of ldraw related programs.

Use of "LDraw" in the name of ldraw related programs.
SteerCo has since voted not to allow this. See this announcement.

The day is slowly approaching when I will make my WebGL based LDraw software public.

Right now, I call it "WebGLDraw". I believe it is a clever name as it is almost a direct concatenation of the two technologies that compose it, however, I remember from reading Bricksmith years ago that internally, it calls itself MacLDraw. I believe (it's been a very long time) that I remember reading in some comment someplace in Bricksmith something about that it was going to be called MacLDraw but that the name was changed because the community had reservations about using the name LDraw... something about people possibly inferring that it was an official mac version of LDraw written by James or something... not sure. I tried to go back and find the explanation, but I was unable to, so I ask you here.

Is it ok for me to you the name WebGLDraw? Or should I name it something else? Do you have any suggestions for a name?

Also, as for Logos, is this acceptable?
[Image: KpA4i.png]
(BTW, I wrote it as an SVG, I just can't attach them here)

It was designed to look like:
[Image: WebGL_logo.png]

Which was in turn designed to look like:
[Image: OpenGL_logo.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Use of "LDraw" in the name of ldraw related programs. - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-11-26, 8:07