JBrickBuilder connection model

Re: JBrickBuilder connection model
Ben Supnik Wrote:
Quote:
Ben Supnik Wrote:Mind you this is a bit of a hijack or Mario's work! But it's sort of luck that he posted something that was complete and readable right as I was starting to dig into this again....
No offense to Mario, but his method is nothing new. If anyone should be credited for setting up the basics of connection handling it should be Sergio.
I'm not trying to claim that Mario was the first to design a connection model of this type. I am saying that I am hijacking his work in that he designed something, wrote a spec, posted it for feedback, and then I came along and started discussing it (1) in a bigger scope (e.g. for all of LDraw and not just his app) and (2) with additional functionality (supporting at least some physical operations and not just snapping).

For what is worth the basics have been laid out a long, long time ago, in a galaxy ...

http://www.ldraw.org/OLD/reference/specs/lcd/

Quote:We started talking about official connection models before on the forum, but for some reason it went nowhere every time. The main reason for that (i think) was people where afraid it would not be adopted by the tools.

Guys it's in your hand. If you come up with something we just have to adopt I guess we will do just as we did with the texture thing - well, it would be nice if the community or the LSC could also throw in their 2 cents once you have presented it.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: JBrickBuilder connection model - by Willy Tschager - 2015-02-08, 8:23