Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard

Re: Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard
Steffen,

Putting animation group into .ldr is a good idea and very simple. This way is used by brigl and ld4d as far as I understand, but not in mine webgl viewer and not in LDCad. There are some problems with definition of animation groups together with .ldr:
- STEP commands. Not always every element within .ldr shall move, so I can either use .ldr for building steps or for defining animation groups,
- Engines. When I want to use NXT motor part, its rotor does rotate, but the rest - not. No way to express that.
- Gears. IMHO it would be good to define parts connected with gears in one 'animation variable', consisting of couple of animation groups.

My current syntax (just one tag with one parameter) in important aspects works as you have described (without depending on .ldr, but could use it). And it fails with "engine rotor" and "step" problems (but handles gears).

I spend some time analysing other formats that are in use, namely: brigl, ld4d, ldcad, and took a look at sr3d. All defines the same thing (ANIMATION GROUP) in different way. All defines rotation axis in their way. This is something that can be shared between as a common format.

Regards,
Jakub Trznadel
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard - by Jakub Trznadel - 2014-11-20, 22:12