Do we need another LDraw building program?

Re: Do we need another LDraw building program?
Ben Supnik Wrote:I think you have to answer two questions for yourself:
1. Could you codify what behavior and code style would be acceptable to you as contributions submitted by other users. (If so, you make the rules and if no one shows up, no harm done.)
2. Would you be unhappy if someone forked your code and made a similar program, taking it in a direction that you don't approve of. (If not, open source might not be a good choice, as you can't really stop this kind of thing.)
Point 2 might actually be my greatest concern when I think about it. On the other hand my best 'pro' point currently is giving people the opportunity to compile themselves in order to support more platforms. Another thing holding me back is picking a license etc I just want to code Smile

Ben Supnik Wrote:As a side note, I now think every C++ nerd should spend a few nights actually coding in pure C, just as a gentle reminder that the world won't end if you don't have templates. :-)
LDCad has some pure C, it is needed in order to use lua, but I couldn't help class wrap it asap Smile Personally I limit template usage when using C++ anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Do we need another LDraw building program? - by Roland Melkert - 2015-09-19, 17:19