[webGLviewer] - Yet another WebGL viewer

Re: [webGLviewer] - Yet another WebGL viewer
I have corrected mouse-rotation model to be less-sensitive.
I also added control via keyboard arrows with some dynamics. This is actually quite fun to play with now. Smile

Loading time was improved. I have used sylvester.js to do geometric transformations during loading, and it could take about 15s on big model only due to its slowness. I typed geometric ops by hand and it improved the loading speed by about 20x.

Hovewer, I also added 2 post-loading steps: normals smoothning and alpha sorting. First makes phong-shading instead of flat in models. Second moves rendering of elements with alpha (windows, etc.) to the end, so there shall be no shadowing of elements with alpha-windows. After adding them loading speed shall be still improved by about 10 times since original one.

---

Most of the effort however I put on mindstorms-like programming capabilities. Currently one model supports it:
http://trybikowo.pl/ldraw/index.html?leg...omabot.dat
In this mode bottom part of the screen is used by mindstorms-style programming blocks.
Model used is Damien Kee domabot design, which I like very much due to its simplicity.

I look forward for any feedback :-)

Regards,
Jakub Trznadel
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
just for completeness - by Steffen - 2014-10-16, 19:45
Re: just for completeness - by Steffen - 2015-06-27, 22:32
Re: [webGLviewer] - Yet another WebGL viewer - by Jakub Trznadel - 2014-10-26, 18:20