JLDraw - a simple LDraw model viewer in Java

Re: JLDraw - a simple LDraw model viewer in Java
Hi Philippe and Steffen,
thanks for trying out JLDraw Smile

I surely can arrange a configuration panel where you can choose what library you want (it needs a refactoring of code to deal with filesystem, not only with a zip archive, but it isn't a problem, requires only perspiration Big Grin ), but in my intentions JLDraw is for normal customer, that wants a "quick and dirty" solution to view a model.

Nevertheless, it is common issue when I download LDraw models from Eurobricks, to say, there are missing parts or submodels, because author checked in his own library installation and there it is fine, but anyone opening model probably has a "standard" library, missing special (custom) parts and submodels. So it can be a check for your model, before release, to open it with "vanilla" standard library and see if all parts are "standard" and all submodels are included.

To check what I say look at this (submodels missing in almost all models, in 6770 there is only a reference to two sub-model, both missing, the model is rendered empty), this (reference to part 6538c.dat, not in official library 2014-01).

Ok, I'm going to code next version, with choice of what library use ;-)

Mario
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: JLDraw - a simple LDraw model viewer in Java - by Mario Pascucci - 2014-09-04, 7:40