TEXMAP extension thoughts and findings.

Re: TEXMAP extension thoughts and findings.
Your example sure uses some 'weird' situations, I'm not sure all of those are correct usage of the texmap meta though. but I see how you would want the results it gives in your overview png (except textures being up-side-down in relation to the LDraw orientation).

After some tweaks to my implementation this is how it looks for me:

.png   test.png (Size: 45.29 KB / Downloads: 176)

It suffers greatly from the 'wrap around problem', as I only solved that for polygons having only one point exactly on the seam thinking it should be up to the part authors to prevent those problems.

But I agree it would be nice to be able to just throw the projection against anything (although not whole parts), so I'll try to resolve that problem this weekend using GL_REPEAT for the U coordinates when the cyl angle is 360 degrees.

Second problem I'm having is with the skewed reference, it goes wrong because I do all normal/texture calculations on top level after the part is flattened. The skew however does not influence the transformations of the texmap parameters when they are converted to top level. But then I'm not even sure skewing is used at all in the part library.

Anyhow, thanks for your little test scenario. And there I thought my implementation was done Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: TEXMAP extension thoughts and findings. - by Roland Melkert - 2014-08-13, 22:51