Rendering instructions, old-style

Re: Rendering instructions, old-style
I had a look at Lic, and it is oh so close to what I'm looking for. I would gladly use it as a PDF generator if black parts weren't so dark, and if flex parts were supported (which they are not, apparently).

I had to take out the proverbial sword and shield to get LPub to work on my Windows 8.1 PC. I'm still studying it, but from what I've seen so far, the rendering has the same problem as Lic, namely that black parts come out way too dark. If I print instructions with lots of black Lego parts on paper, all I will see are black blobs instead of identifiable parts.

I have to say that getting all these tools to work properly has been a chore. It took me a long while to figure out the interface of SR 3D Builder, but I think I got the hang of it now. There's a French video that explains how to go from SR3D to MLCad to LPub (is it still true that rotation steps and flexes defined in SR3D are not exportable to the renderers? I haven't checked this yet) and LPub on my PC doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing in the video, so I'm trying to figure out what's happening there.

Anyway, thanks for the information, guys. :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rendering instructions, old-style - by Luc Miron - 2014-07-07, 2:25