How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models?

Re: How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models?
Stephen Wrote:
Zhengrong Zang Wrote:
Travis Cobbs Wrote:If you send an email to the LDView email address, I'll try to get you a development build that includes a fix for this. Make sure to include what version of Mac OS X you're using in the email, if you send it.
Where is LDView email address?

Bear in mind, that even once Travis fixes this LDView bug ("shortcut" parts), you'll still likely get parts lists with missing part images.

I usually have images turned off anyway, but for testing I analysed some of my biggest models and found that every one of them had missing images, and while a few missing images were caused by this particular bug (e.g. motors, flags, etc.), the majority of the missing images were for a variety of other reasons:
  • Peeron using a different part number than LDraw for a given part
  • Peeron not having any image available for a given part
  • Peeron having an image available, but not at the expected address
  • Peeron not having an image in my chosen color, despite such a part/color truly existing
  • Peeron not having an image in my chosen color, because I used a color/part combo that may not exist in the real world (my fault)
  • Parts lists of models/sub-models where color 16 has been used
  • and so on...

Travis, as regards color 16, rather than generating a parts list with color -1 (as you presently do), would it not be better in this case to simply pick up the user's chosen "default" color on preferences/general? or make it an option...
Thanks for your message. In fact, I hope that I can resort parts list on web page, if I click on title quantity, the parts list will be resorted by quantity from high to low, is this possible?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models? - by Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-14, 13:11