Thoughts on animation scripting language

Thoughts on animation scripting language
Hi all, while LDCad 1.3 is still in beta I'm already playing with 1.4 things....

One of those things will be animation, I want to take the all scripting road with this. So the thing I'm trying to decide at the moment is to ether create my own language (based on the one from LD4DStudio) or tie in an existing language (e.g. LUA).

The scripts will do little more then describe relations between groups. For example in case of two gears with the attached axles etc the script will do something like 'a.angle:=-2*b.angle'. A script could also manipulate the group placement matrix directly etc.

While LUA or pearl might be very powerful, it also will be difficult for non programmer users ( I Think) to get started with. A simple custom language on the other hand will be much easier to learn but limited to basic single function formulas etc. Although I could expand the language over time.

In short I find it difficult to decide at the moment, so I was hoping for some additional thoughts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on animation scripting language - by Roland Melkert - 2014-02-04, 22:26