LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Ignacio Fernandez Galvan Wrote:Would the user still need to compute the correct radius? And does the "phase" of the second circle change when you rotate the first one?

I'm not sure what you mean, the stepping is used to describe the path around all points (bezier and circle a like). Internally the point info is converted to a array of positions and the distance between them is always the grid stepping. So when you set that distance equal to the skin size, it will map perfectly cause the curve section length is equal to the the link (straight) length.

It doesn't matter how many circles (and mixed in beziers) you add to the path the links will line up perfectly except the last one in regards to the first one. To get that one correct the user still needs to play with the circle radius's and bezier ctrl points to get it to close fit exact. I can't provide those radius's because it depends on other points and the things you want the chain to go around etc.

Ignacio Fernandez Galvan Wrote:But a mechanics simulator would rock Big Grin

It's purely placement for now, but the major feature I want to introduce with 1.4 will be animation. At that point simulating the mechanics will become possible using scripts (I hope).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2014-01-29, 20:48