LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Roland Melkert Wrote:I'm thinking the simplist solution would be to allow the user to set the internal resolution, setting it to 16 in the case of this chain should fix every thing.

That's probably better, as you'd have to account for the actual chain path not being tangent to the ideal circle, but to the real polygon. Would the user still need to compute the correct radius? And does the "phase" of the second circle change when you rotate the first one?

Quote:Bit offtopic, one perfectionist to another. How would you go on solving placement of multple universal axle joints. I'm having troubles with it even with the new info feature in my beta 2 deb build:

It's ok from a distance now, but the axle also needs to 'roll' along it own length, any idea on how to make that easier?

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. I think all the cases I've dealt with were solvable in a plane, which makes it relatively easy. But a mechanics simulator would rock Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) - by Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2014-01-29, 19:52