Parts to be renamed?

Re: Parts to be renamed?
Tim Gould Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This seems rather wrong to me and got me wondering
> if there weren't other parts with strange naming.
> Does anyone else know of any?

You, sir, just opened a can of worms you probably shouldn't have. I have a completely custom parts.lst for this reason (I don't change the names in the .dats, I simply change them here). The changes are both major and minor, drastic in some cases, insignificant in others.

One of my biggest complaints is are the "Wedge ..." parts. Most people tend to use MLCad, and it tends to categorize parts by first name. Especially things like Bricks and Plates, things which people are unlikely to change. I realize this is how both Peeron and Bricklink categorize them, but I've long thought them wrong for it as well. Take for example "Wedge Plate". Why on earth are these not categorized "Plate Wedge" instead, and most other wedges could be fit under Slope or Brick as well. In the case of the Wedge Plate, I'm sure most people would look for these under "Plate", but under MLCad's default settings and tree, you'll have to go to "Other Parts->W" and find them mixed with all the other wedges and various other W parts.

Also, "Rubbish Bin"? Are you f***ing kidding me?!? I have never heard anybody call that a "Rubbish Bin" in my entire freaking life. It's a Garbage Can.

And don't even get me started on "Tyre" and "Centre." A quick trip to www.dictionary.com will reveal their correct spellings. Sheesh, people. The "Tyre" one is especially egregious, as anybody searching for "Tire" under come up with 0 results and be led to the conclusion that no tires have been made.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Parts to be renamed? - by Tim Gould - 2011-10-30, 11:08
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Roland Melkert - 2011-10-30, 17:51
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Tim Gould - 2011-10-30, 23:12
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Chris Dee - 2011-10-31, 4:13
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Tim Gould - 2011-10-31, 22:20
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Allen Smith - 2011-10-31, 16:07
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Jude Parrill - 2011-10-31, 4:53
Re: Parts to be renamed? - by Tim Gould - 2011-10-31, 22:36
RE: Parts to be renamed? - by Luke Arts - 2021-03-09, 5:22
RE: Parts to be renamed? - by Willy Tschager - 2021-03-09, 14:22