LDRAW and LDD to SolidWorks, Inventor and DXF

LDRAW and LDD to SolidWorks, Inventor and DXF
Greetings,

I've just recently written 4 different translators for both LDRAW (.dat) and LDD (.g) files that can write to SolidWorks, Inventor, DXF and LDRAW. This was the result of some issues with the previous DAT2DXF translator I was running into with some bad .dat files and other requests that I have seen on these forums with regards to wanting SolidWorks and Inventor translation. I've attached a video showing how these small applications work.

Below are the links to setup files for each application. Unfortunately, I do not yet know how to create a trusted certificate for my ClickOnce Installer, so you may get a warning when downloading. The link will install the application to your Start Menu in SolidPerformance -> BrickWorks -> Application Name.

There are some requirements as of now, though because I am using ClickOnce, I could possibly rollout an update to support older version of the limitation listed below.

Does not support Windows XP and older.
Requires Microsoft .NET 4.5 (this causes the above limitation and is something I can most likely roll back to .NET 3.5 or 4)
The SolidWorks translator currently only supports SolidWorks 2014 and newer (though I could roll this back to around SolidWorks 2010 possibly, I should have the older SolidWorks.Interop files somewhere, which are forward, but not backwards compatible).
The Inventor translator currently only supports Autodesk Inventor 2014 also, for the same reasons. It will be much harder for me to get the older interop files for this.

For both the SolidWorks and Inventor translators, you can try to run them with older versions, but I have not checked all the api calls to see which versions of their respective software they were implemented. So if I used an API call that was implemented in say, 2013, it would require that as a minimum version.

Finally, here are the links

SolidWorks Brick Builder
Inventor Brick Builder
DXF Brick Builder
LDRAW Brick Builder
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDRAW and LDD to SolidWorks, Inventor and DXF - by BrickWorks - 2014-01-04, 20:43