LDCad 1.2a (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux)
Michael Horvath Wrote:1. I wish you had retained LEdit/MLCAD's part movement commands. For large models like Datsville the on-screen controls are too sluggish/unresponsive to be really useful.
Moving parts using the keyboard is posible, but you need to set the editing pin in the correct mode. By default it's a rotation tool. Using the arrow keys while rotate on step. When set to move the arrow keys will move the selection by one step. You can also use the manual input dialogs (located in the menu bar) for setting exact location/rotation for the selection. Or use the seleciton propery dialog (click on coord panel or enter key)

Michael Horvath Wrote:2. I think you should map the middle mouse button to panning the camera. The Selection Properties menu is already accessible from the right-click menu which is already pretty convenient IMO.
The middle button currently opens a (property)dialog associated with the selection or gui item below the mouse. But you are right panning etc could use some extra attention, I will try to improve general camera interaction in the 1.3 version.

Michael Horvath Wrote:3. Is there a way to switch to a "camera movement only" mode where dragging the mouse across the screen does _not_ move the selected part?
There is a view mode (menu: model/model interaction), but it still uses a rotation dominant interaction.

Michael Horvath Wrote:4. The part bounding boxes seem to be exaggerated a bit. I.e. they're slightly larger than the actual part. This is a little confusing when trying to align parts next to each other. Is there a way to make the bounding match the part's contours exactly?
Yes they use a small margin in both perspective and ortho mode. I could make that optional in a future version.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2013-10-19, 21:24
Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2013-10-23, 23:19
Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Travis Cobbs - 2013-10-29, 23:00
Re: LDCad feature requests - by John - 2014-01-03, 4:00