LDCad 1.2a (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux)
Rotation inside the compass or main editing view works using a so called tracking ball. You could imagine it like a big beach-ball that fits in the window. When you click the mouse somewhere and keep it down it's like you grab the ball and pull on it in the movement direction.

This kind of rotation interaction is very different to basic y/x rotation (like e.g. LDView uses), but imho it's much more user friendly (once you get used to it).

As for a tutorial, in the 'basic editing 2' and 'pneumatic demo' is use the compass quite a lot. I would like to make a better demo but the capture software I'm using doesn't record keyboard activity, so it very hard to show non mouse only interaction.

As for basic movement, you can use the arrow icons on the compass grid or use shift+move (relative to the projection), of shift+ctrl+move (relative to the editingplane/grid).

Also you can use the zoom to cursor behavior to move to another place by first zooming out and then zoom in again pointing at the generic place you want to be.

Third way to skip around is using 'c' on a selection, which centers the view on it.

Also zooming in the compass is somewhat different, it will ignore the zoom to cursor option (and thus leave the lookat point unchanged)

Personally I like to use: zoom out, select, 'c', zoom in using the compass.

Hope this helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2013-10-19, 21:24
Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2013-10-22, 22:48
Re: LDCad 1.2a (win+linux) - by Travis Cobbs - 2013-10-29, 23:00
Re: LDCad feature requests - by John - 2014-01-03, 4:00