About Time!!!

About Time!!!
Finally, LDRAW has it's own it's own forums! And I was able to join them without undue hastle! I'd always wanted to join on LUGNET, but the amount of hastle, rigomorale, and the fact they forced you to make a "donation" turned me off completely, especially when you consider how outdated their forums are/were. I mean, I loved the early 90's as much as the next guy, but seriously, PHPBB is the easiest thing to install and use and makes LUGNET just look archaic by comparison (and by no means is PHPBB the best type of forum software).

Anyways, the new forums look better, although I'm still seeing one lingering problem: why aren't all posts for a topic visible on a single page like every other forum ever made, ever? Why do I have to click through to see each individual post? (Quick note: this is sarcasm, in case you didn't realize. Oftentimes, on forums, I can come off as being a jerk when I'm really just being sarcastic.) Would it be so much to ask for the option to be able to do this?

A little about myself: I've been using LDRAW and related software for a couple years now. My editor of choice is MLCad and I've done some experimenting with renderings. Around 2006 I came out of my Dark Age and started buying/building with LEGO again and my main focus was on the Star Wars offerings. However, when I lost my job, the first thing to go was LEGO. And while I now have a new job, I don't have the disposable income to dispose of to LEGO. However, I've kept my interest in the hobby going by using LDRAW to build. What a wonderful thing to be able to be able to build thousands of dollars worth of LEGO for nary a cent!

As I said, I've been using the software off and on now for quite some time (I've been in an off-period lately, but these things come and go). I was happy to see there was finally a 2011 update recently. I always get excited for new parts, even though they're a pain to deal with since I have a custom parts list which means I have to check and add each new part individually.

Anyways, it's good to be here and I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you (relating to LDRAW) as they occur to me.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Re: About Time!!!
>why aren't all posts for a topic visible on a single page
>like every other forum ever made, ever? Why do I
>have to click through to see each individual post?

Threaded view is the default. You can switch to flat style in your control center. If you do this, try not to break the threading.
the Jude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyways, the new forums look better, although I'm
> still seeing one lingering problem: why aren't all
> posts for a topic visible on a single page like
> every other forum ever made, ever? Why do I have
> to click through to see each individual post?

Have you tried the "Multiple messages per page, threaded" (or sorted by time, if you prefer) option for "Message reading display options" under "Forum settings" in the Control Center? Might just do the trick!
Alrighty then, thank you guys, that's much better! Still don't know why the threaded is the forums, but I suppose it has something to do with old dogs and new tricks. Smile
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »