Complete Part Request

Part Request
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would like to make part 64699? Of course in unfolded state.

Thanks in advance Smile
Merlijn / legolijntje
Re: Part Request
This should not be utterly difficult, but... I don't have the part!
I actually thought someone was going to say "that's a diffcult part...", because of all the clips, holes and thin parts...

Anyway, I can make some pictures if you want. Or measure some things. What exactly do you need? Smile
I don't promise anything yet... but a good scan of the flattened part from both sides plus a photo or two of the folded thing would allow me to make my mind!
I've made some photo's. Unfortunatly the scanner is broken, so I wasn't able to make any scans...
You can view the pictures here. I've also included a picture of the lid, although it's a bit useless (the pictures and the part itself).
If you need any other pics or measurements, just ask.

I hope you can make something, but I also do understand if you decide to not make it. Smile
OK, seems clear...
A few dimensions now:
- Overall width?
- Road width?
- Overall length of narrow sections?
- Thickness of plastic?
- Are these regular pegholes? can you fit Technic pins?
- Height of side bumps?
- Stud distance between pegholes rows across road? Between successive groups?
- Decorations are stickers, right?

(Edit) a close-up photo of the bottom would be appreciated!
Oh, yea, I forgot to mention that the decals are stickers, so you don't have to include them. The holes are normal pin-holes and you can fit a pin, axle, hose or whatever in there. I will measure everythingthing tomorrow Smile

Btw, if you want to make a really detailed version of the part, you have to include 2 engraved LEGO logos on the back... But that's not necesary for the part usage, so the choice is your.
Hi, maybe this could help?

I made a crude mock-up of this part some years ago.
I'ts not very good but I hope that at least the dimensions are right.

It's made in MLCad Baseplate Generator and opens with studs in MLCad, but without studs in LDView.

Use it or loose it...;-)

Attached Files
.ldr   bottom.ldr (Size: 12.87 KB / Downloads: 1)
Yes, that seems to me to be ok for the dimensions.
I should have one of that series in my collection Smile, so I have to dig out that set to verify the dimensions and to be a helping hand here Smile
The Logos are engraved, but mainly because the logo is complete high finish surface (like the bricks) whereas the normal backside is "stoned". I think that is difficult to "build" in Ldraw. A pattern with different materials should work better IMHO.
But I am also think that this is not necessary.
I've measured some things. You can view it here and you need to use it together with this picture. I've also added a few pictures of the bottom at the page I've linked in a previous post.
If you need any more info, just ask Smile
Great, thanks all!
Hopefully I should be able to start this in a few days.
I actually have this part around, let me try dig it...
I was wondering if any of Tetrix mindstorms parts are made for Ldraw?
Edited - Sorry, I mixed names!
Matrix LDraw parts should be made available on Matrix Robotics some time in the future... But nothing yet. And there is no plans for Tetrix parts...
First subpart... http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...501s01.dat
That looks great so far!
Thanks already for the subpart. Smile
I just posted the second section... http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...501s02.dat
I just saw your issue with the part number. I never saw it. It's strange indeed that my version has a different part number than the one on Bricklink...

Well, after I wrote the above, I decided to take a look at it again. It has the followings things written on it:
- 64699/001 01

Briclink used the first number, but what is the first and what is the second number? Any ideas?
I don't know what is the first number, but I am completely sure that the correct part number is 86501, item number 4550694...
I can confirm your data. Mine is from set 8124.
...and now the part! http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../86501.dat
Awaresome work as usually Smile
Thanks a lot for all your work, Phillipe! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »