LDFind 1.0.0.0

LDFind 1.0.0.0
I like to announce the first release of LDFind. It will be this weekend.

[Image: ldfindmain.png]

As Philo reported some behaviour that i could not find on my machine I need feedback how it works on your systems.

Download from website
Re: LDFind 1.0.0.0
I just discovered that in my virtual XP there is an error caused by the opengl library. Anybody else where this error occur?
Please note that I used this time not the ldvlib.dll for displaying the file content. I am using the engine from Alex out of his Brickfoundry application. Therefore NET 4.0 needs to be installed to run LDFind at all.
To be precise, you will need the full profile of .NET, not the client profile. If you don't already have this, it can be downloaded here.

The failure on Michael's VM is simply due to the VM not supporting a new enough version of OpenGL - while the renderer only needs 1.3, VMs tend to be extremely basic and rarely if ever go past 1.1. You won't have any problems if you're running on a real machine with a proper graphics-card.
Thanks for stepping in here.
I had already the correct NET 4.0 installed (I tried also 4.5 but that will not work on XP i was told).
The opengl problem could be solved by just checking a checkbox that 3D acceleration from host should be used Smile

So I can not conform that it runs under XP.
First Bug found.
The Details of the part might show to you
"!LDRAW_ORG Part" but in real it might be "!LDRAW_ORG Part Alias".

EDIT:

Just updated LDFind to version 1.0.0.1
BUGFIX: The LDRAW_ORG Parttype will now completely shown.
CHANGE: The path for the libraries will stay at "%user%\AppData\Michael Heidemann\LDFind\1.0.0.0". No change if another version is supplied.

EDIT:

Please do not download version 1.0.0.1 as that bugfix created bugs!
Not working for me. Total crash. I can email you the crash report of it helps.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Started in d:\ldraw\software\LDFind\
Yes please send report!

Oh, missed your other post. Now it is running. Thats great!
Re: LDFind 1.0.0.0 > 1.0.0.2
The first update that I made for LDFind did cause more trouble that the reason why I fixed that Smile

Therefore now the new version 1.0.0.2.
I have tested this version the whole day, so there should not be any known error.
I like to say sorry to all those people that downloaded the previous version.
If you already created the library databases you do _not_ need recreating them, as the already build libraries are used.

You can download from the website as usual.
Re: LDFind 1.0.0.0 > 1.0.0.2
I have disabled the download of LDFind for the moment.
I am working on a new release with less issues.
Thanks for your understanding and I hope you will come back for the new version once announced here.
Re: LDFind 1.0.0.0 > 1.1.0.0
LDFind version 1.1.0.0 can now be downloaded from the website.
I changed the version number in a way that everybody can see there is a major change.

This version is hopefully now nearly error free and everybody that uses already DATHeader or MPDCenter should be able to see the parts because I switched back for the viewer to LDView-engine.

I am very sorry for any inconveniences my first release may have caused to you.

Please let me have all your thoughts, wishes and bugreports for this application. Only with your help this application might be able to fulfil your needs. I can only guess what you like to have. Smile

cu
Michael
Re: LDFind 1.0.0.0 > 1.1.0.0
Bug found!
If you delete an folder that you have specified in the option dialog you will get a crash.
Workaround until next release:
Open the file "%user%\AppData\Michael Heidemann\LDFind\1.0.0.0\ldfindini.xml" and delete the wrong folder entry in the "Pathes" section.
Some subfiles are use in many different parts, especially subfiled patterns.
Lets say I want to correct a subfile, and want to know in how many parts it is used.
Would it be possible to search were a specific subfile is used?

I want to know how many parts I've made.
Would it be possible to search for username? Or full name?
Maybe the answer is somewhere in the other thread "LDMakeList V2.0", but I don't speak "code" and don't understand half of what you guys are talking about there...;-)
Code:
Would it be possible to search were a specific subfile is used?
In general - yes that is possible. In detail - no, that is not the purpose of LDFind. LDFind only uses the header data for searching a part. But you idea isn't bad. I have a name for that application already: LDStructure. Smile
This could be my next project.

Code:
I want to know how many parts I've made.
Current version of LDFind can not do the job. But you are author of 217 parts in the library Smile

Stay tuned Wink
LDMakeList won't allow you to do that either, but parts.xml will allow you to do it if you have some sort of xml parser. But that may require speaking code Smile

Tim
I have already a relative detailed plan for LDStructure. Once LDFind works like expected and awaited I share my thoughts on that in a special thread.
Hi Mike,

This is a great utility. Thanks for putting it together.

Any chance you could review the advertising sponsorship on your website. After downloading the LDFind.zip file and closing my browser window, I was shocked to see a naked woman on an advert asking if was looking for a sex partner. This isn't the kind of advertising I would expect to be associated with LDraw/Lego.

How much control do you have about the kind of adverts that are associated with your website?

Reuben
I am really sorry if that offences you. I do not have _any_ influence on the advertisements that are shown.
As i am taking your input regarding this very seriously I like to switch to another domain.
It will be at http://ldraw.heidemann.org/ one day Smile
Is it a domain issue, or a host issue?
The advertisements are made by the webspace provider "kilu.de".
Currently I am searching how to migrade to another server with the whole cms.
On a similar note, this campaign related to Lego partnering with one of the UK's leading newspapers, may be something that the LDraw community wish to support:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/l...on-page-3#

Here are the comments from the guy who's setup the campaign...

I love Lego. I grew up with it. When I became a dad one of the things I was looking forward to was sitting down with my kids and building Lego models with them. Lego is a truly educational toy, great for boys and girls and is a brand that has become synonymous with integrity and positive values - one of the few simple joys left for children.

So I was appalled to find out that Lego is promoting this product aimed at children just millimeters away from an image that is famous for being one of the most sexist institutions of our time - Page 3 of the Sun Newspaper. That’s why I'm asking Lego to stop partnering with the Sun until the newspaper drops the topless images on Page 3

My boys are seven and nine. They are like information sponges - absorbing what they see. When they see things they don't understand they ask about it. How on earth do you explain that Page 3 is a sexist image to kids of that age? And why should I have to? Lego talks about its positive impact on children's development and learning. In a section on its website called ‘Caring’ it says:

“Caring is about the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of children, for our partners, colleagues and the world we find ourselves in, and considering their perspective in everything we do.”

I think that Lego should look at their partnership from a child’s perspective - and the impact that seeing these images has on how young people grow up thinking about women is huge and very important. It's great that Lego partners with the media to make these fantastic toys available to as many people as possible - but please stop partnering with The Sun until they've dropped Page 3.

Bye for now

Reuben
I have finished to switch the old content to my new webspace.
I also have switched many links from this forum to the new webspace.
You will find all of my content so far on http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php
Now without any advertisement!
Just uploaded LDFind version 1.2.0.0
An button is added to load the current selected part in LDStructure (version 1.1.0.0 or later is needed).
Currently for ever call a new instance of LDStructure is loaded.

If somebody knows a good way to send the necessary information on another way between NET applications I am open for improvements.

Download as usual from website.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »