LDraw.org 2012-03 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2012-03 Parts Update Now Available
The 2012-03 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This update includes 564 new files in the core library, including 354 new parts and 56 new primitives.

As ever, thanks are due to the small community of part authors who created or corrected parts for this release and to those who have reviewed files in order to make this release happen.

You can preview the new parts in 2012-03 and download the update by going to the Latest Parts page.

Most of the 113 certified files remaining on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from this update in keeping with our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or subparts until they are needed for an official part file.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Re: LDraw.org 2012-03 Parts Update Now Available
Another great release... Many thanks!
yes, thank you very much, Chris, I've just downloaded and applied the update, no problems
I just discovered a minor glitch, file 2578.dat had been forgotten on the PT.

We should include that file in the 2013-01 update Smile
That's not a big deal and isn't a situation I check for. Nothing's broken - just the legacy version still exists in the library alongside 2578a and 2578b.
I have seen, that 200.dat is now duplicated by u9068.dat in the official library. thats not so good.
I will rework the parts belonging to 2426c01.dat in the next days.#

/Max
It's not duplicated by, but moved to. I don't understand why this is a problem.
I just noticed that ptrelease.cgi hasn't been updated with the new release, so LDView's automatic update mechanism doesn't detect it. LDView uses the following URL to check for updates:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreleases....e-url-size

The last update listed is lcad1202.zip.
If you say it's moved to, then my library must be outdated. Mmh...In this is case it's definitely no problem.

/Max
When I say "moved to", I'm referring to the LDraw definition of "moved to", meaning that the old file still exists, but its name is changed to "~Moved to <n>", and the non-header part of the file consists of a single type 1 line that references the new filename.
Travis,
as I told you, my library was outdated. I know what a "moved to" is ;-)
My outdated library had shown me two complete files, without any moved to. That's why I thought something is wrong. Nevertheless my problem is solved.

/Max
Hmm. Not sure how that step got missed. It should be OK now.
what does the "2" for some files in the last column mean?
I assume 2 byte! That would mean that all exe distributions with ARJ are not usable.
Thanks. It does indeed look good now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »