Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder (4209)

Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder (4209)
This part has two versions, an open stud one and a closed stud one. Only the open stud one is existing.
BL and peeron only list one version, but the pics on peeron show two.
Here another picture of the closed stud version from ebay.

So can anyone make this one?
Re: Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder (4209)
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../4209a.dat
Thanks.

Now the pattern versions need some update,too. E.g.

I don't exactly if the other are patern version are a or b...
The fire logo I think is on both version...
Is there any real-life (rather than CAD image) evidence that the hollow-stud version exists? This could have been an original authoring error that had persisted since the LDRAW027 package.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
I didn't found any evidence for the hollow stud one. Besides all Lego instructions show the solid stud version. I check several diffent years, like 80s,90s and 2000s....

Another thing: can the four small holes be made, too? I know the have no real use (at leat I know none), but for details sake....
I also was not able to find any hollow studs image.
I think this was an author's glitch from the beginning, undetected up to now.
I think that in this case the splitup into a/b variants would be overkill.
We IMHO should do that WHEN anyone brings up a hollow stud photo.
Until then we should simply change the existing files to solid studs.
Do you agree? If yes, I would like to do the necessary changes on the PT.
Why is the solid stud version now gone on the PT?- I thought after no one could provide proof of the existence of the hollow stud one; the solid stud one would replace the hollow stud one....
it is there.
since we found no proof of existency for any hollow studs part,
we just replaced the hollow studs in the subpart by solid ones.
the part has just appeared on the PT here:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...209s02.dat
RE: Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder (4209)
(2012-09-08, 18:32)Steffen Wrote: it is there.
since we found no proof of existency for any hollow studs part,
we just replaced the hollow studs in the subpart by solid ones.
the part has just appeared on the PT here:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...209s02.dat

Hi all. I really hate to resurrect such an ancient thread, but I have to point out the hollow stud version is very much real. Image below for proof. I actually came across this thread while rebuilding a model digitally as I had one of 20482 ("tile round 1x1 with pin") inserted into it to keep some airtanks in place. 

[Image: fMZtqbc.jpg]

Not sure what the chances of anyone with the original hollow stud 3d file reading this are, but hopefully that settles the debate about whether or not it's a real element. Note that Bricklink correctly identifies there being two mould versions but doesn't list them separately. 

Cheers
Great.
Bricklink describe some other differences.  Could you please take a photo of the inside and bottom?
(2020-07-26, 22:02)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Great.
Bricklink describe some other differences.  Could you please take a photo of the inside and bottom?
Sure - attached below. Excuse my fingers in the last one! 

There's a couple of differences to the solid stud version that I can see: 

- solid version has small holes in all four corners of the top and bottom (8 holes total) - not present on the hollow stud
- solid version has a line running down the underside of the bottom, lengthways - again not present on the hollow stud 
- solid version has a small line running down the underside of the top, widthways - again not present

The placement of the reel notches is identical on both

[Image: knt3ETC.jpg]

[Image: A5kw02r.jpg]

[Image: mDK4CnA.jpg]
Thanks,

Looking at the history graph here it is pretty clear that the hollow stud version is a modern day version.
https://rebrickable.com/parts/4209b/stri...part_usage

I made a version at the Part Tracker now. I wonder if there are any printed versions too.

[Image: 4209b.png]
(2020-07-27, 5:53)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Thanks,

Looking at the history graph here it is pretty clear that the hollow stud version is a modern day version.

I made a version at the Part Tracker now. I wonder if there are any printed versions too.

... and 4209 has been '~Moved to' 4209a.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
(2020-07-27, 5:53)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Thanks,

I had assumed it was from an old set but after a bit of scouring, I think you're right. Check this photo of the 60061 airport firetruck - you can just about make out the lack of holes in the bottom of the holder. So I guess that's where mine came from. 

All my printed versions (highway, fire, coastguard) are solid stud so I'm not sure about the prints but as far as I can see most of the modern fire trucks have the hose reel on the side so the prints would always be obscured. The bricklick catalog entry doesn't distinguish between the two but the image of the medium nougat version (only available in two sets in 2016) is the hollow stud version. So yeah, seems pretty certain its a modern version. 

Cheers for getting the changes out so quickly!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »