LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.2

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.2
Hey,

Here is the new and fast LPC 1.3.2.
I do not recommend to continue using the previous version 1.3.1 due to the massive performance and stability improvements I have included in this release.

Please uninstall older versions of this software before installing a new version.

New features:
  • You can save with one click on the toolbar floppy icon.
  • You can merge a vertex to a triangle/template border (with the new functions in the “Merge/Split..” menu).
  • You can deactivate the triangle overlap detection when it's active (just click on the menu entry again).
  • You can keep your Config.cfg file (this file stores all your settings) after you have uninstalled the LPC and use it for future versions of this program.
  • The "very fast triangulation" will prevent the generation of malformed triangles.
  • The DAT import will now recognize deprecated ring#.dat/ring##.dat primitives.
  • Post progressing will be done with Rectifier 1.8
  • The drawing performance is improved and overall performance was improved. The “Performance Mode” should be superfluous.

From now on the undo/redo history will be cleared if you start a new pattern.

Fixed Bugs from 1.3.1:
  • Several language translation bugs
  • Filled triangles disappear when all vertices aren't placed in the viewport
  • "CSG rotate" does not update the internal data structure
  • Fatal undo/redo errors
Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.2
Nils Schmidt Wrote:[*]You can merge a vertex to a triangle/template border (with the new functions in the “Merge/Split..” menu).

Very nice! Just one thing, is it possible to make the menus "Add Primitive", "Merge/Split" and "CSG" accessable through keyboard so I could write makros for my keyboard?
It is possible but it is not implemented yet. What key combinations do you like to use to access the menus?
I don't care. Maybe if you do something like the Menu Bar with underlined characters, I can write a makro to get where I want to.
Hi Nils,

Is there a way of showing colour 16, making it visible?
When making patterns in Quad2Dat the quads in colour 16 gets a criss-cross pattern, but when I turn on "Show colours" here, I dont see if these areas are "coloured" at all. I find it a bit anoying to find a missing triangle first after exporting my pattern.
Indeed. Because of this I don't use color 16 when building a pattern but a place holder color.
Speaking of colors, it would be nice to be able to customize main color bar, eg. to replace old grays with nowadays more useful blueish tones...
Since I mostly use templates from selfmade photoshopped images or hires fotos, I always use different colors to see where I actally placed a triangle. I'm also using different colors for touching facets on round surfaces to avoid problems when projecting the pattern.
I will improve the triangle design in the next release.

Here is a first impression:
[img="http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BlackBrick89/LDPatternCreator/Release-1-3-3/colour16.jpg"]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BlackBrick89/LDPatternCreator/Release-1-3-3/thumb/colour16.jpg_thumb.jpg[/img]

Please notice that I will provide a function to modify the colours from the colour bar, too.
Thanks, Nils!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »