[LDPE] 1.8.66 Released (change winding / merge / library.ldraw.org)

[LDPE] 1.8.66 Released (change winding / merge / library.ldraw.org)
Hey,

this version will extend the "change winding"-tool to work with lines and condlines, too.
It also corrects a "Merge to Nearest Vertex" bug. This merge function will now skip pure condline control points.
There was an important change on the LDraw library URL, too (www.ldraw.org -> library.ldraw.org).

[Image: imgDuke2.png]

As always, you can download LDPE from this page:

http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:

(4 new features and 3 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...use the change winding tool (j) on type 2 and type 5 lines, swapping the end points.
  • ...have the "verbose" option common to nearly all tools, and be remembered between sessions.
  • ...deep inline a subfile and it will mark the end of that subfile, too.
  • ...have the CR LF at the end of a line to be included in the selection when you click on a line number.

The following critical issues were fixed:

1. "Merge To Nearest Vertex" recognized condline control points as vertices to merge for.
  2. The LDraw library URL was outdated (www.ldraw.org -> library.ldraw.org).
  3. 3D scenes only rendered to 1/4 of 3D window in some rare cases.

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Installation on Windows:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_win32_x64.zip
  2. Run LDPartEditor-1.8.66.msi
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the start menu
Installation on Linux:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_linux_x64.zip
  2. Install ldparteditor_1.8.66-1_amd64.deb
  3. Start LDPartEditor from the menu or via launcher
Installation on Mac OS X:

1. Download and extract LDPartEditor_mac_x64.zip
  2. Mount LDPartEditor-1.8.66.dmg
  3. Drag LDPartEditor.app to the Applications folder
  4. Copy ldparteditor.sh to your home folder
        4a. Open a Terminal.app and run ./ldparteditor.sh
        4b. Or open a Terminal.app and run /Applications/LDPartEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/LDPartEditor

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.66 Released (change winding / merge / library.ldraw.org)
Hi Nils, should the "Part Review" work now?

I always get a "cannot download from PT" message

Gerald
Can't download from PT
Bug 
(2023-03-15, 19:15)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Hi Nils, should the "Part Review" work now?

I always get a "cannot download from PT" message

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

sorry, I was not seeing this error on my test system during debugging, but was able to reproduce it on another instance now!
LDPE can't verify the SSL server certificate from library.ldraw.org and will therefore refuse to download anything from it.

There is currently no quick workaround for it. The keystore of the Java Virtual Machine needs to be updated. I can do this only with a new release of LDPE.
RE: Can't download from PT
(2023-03-15, 19:57)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Hi Gerald,

sorry, I was not seeing this error on my test system during debugging, but was able to reproduce it on another instance now!
LDPE can't verify the SSL server certificate from library.ldraw.org and will therefore refuse to download anything from it.

There is currently no quick workaround for it. The keystore of the Java Virtual Machine needs to be updated. I can do this only with a new release of LDPE.

Didn't we have such an issue before? I could not fiind anything quickly in the forum, but I thought there was a discussion on this SSL Topic before and how LDPE is handling it or the Server is responding.
(2023-03-15, 20:37)Gerald Lasser Wrote:  I thought there was a discussion on this SSL Topic before and how LDPE is handling it or the Server is responding.

Previously I was able to exclude LDPE from https. Now that we're on a new server we're using new webserver software that I'm not as familiar with and haven't determined how to do this exclusion yet. I assure you that a work around is high on my radar as it also affects LDView.
Thanks!
(2023-03-15, 18:55)Nils Schmidt Wrote: ...have the "verbose" option common to nearly all tools, and be remembered between sessions.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "verbose" option?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-03-16, 14:47)Willy Tschager Wrote: Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "verbose" option?

w.
For most tools the verbose option allows to display a text box that summarizes the changes done by the tool. Eg. For edger 2 it displays the number of lines/condlines/orphaned lines created.
(2023-03-16, 15:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: For most tools the verbose option allows to display a text box that summarizes the changes done by the tool. Eg. For edger 2 it displays the number of lines/condlines/orphaned lines created.

Found it. Didn't know.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-03-15, 19:57)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Hi Gerald,

I've opened the parts path to non-HTTPS traffic (at least my internal testing suggests that it is) and LDPE part review still fails. Verbose doesn't really tell me why.
(2023-03-16, 23:48)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I've opened the parts path to non-HTTPS traffic (at least my internal testing suggests that it is) and LDPE part review still fails. Verbose doesn't really tell me why.

I just tried a bit of wireshark to see the traffic.

When I open anything on LDraw.org, the communication is running on TLSv1.3.

When I want to do a Part Review in LDPE, LDPE tries to set up a TLSv1.2 connection with the "ClientHello", but this is immediately refused by the server with a "Handshake Failure"

As TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 are not compatible, this looks like the server does not want a TLS1.2 connection and refuses it.

So in my view:
- either LDPE uses a non-encrypted connection to ldraw.org as Orion opened the traffic
- or LDPE tries to set up the connection using TLSv1.3

hope that points into the right direction....
Dowload error will be solved with version 1.8.67
(2023-03-17, 8:38)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I just tried a bit of wireshark to see the traffic. [...]
When I want to do a Part Review in LDPE, LDPE tries to set up a TLSv1.2 connection with the "ClientHello", but this is immediately refused by the server with a "Handshake Failure"

So in my view:
- [...] LDPE tries to set up the connection using TLSv1.3

hope that points into the right direction....

Thanks Gerald! With this info I was able to find the root cause.
I just forgot to add a required module to support the correct TLS handshake. It will be solved with the next release.
RE: Dowload error will be solved with version 1.8.67
(2023-03-19, 8:07)Nils Schmidt Wrote: Thanks Gerald! With this info I was able to find the root cause.
I just forgot to add a required module to support the correct TLS handshake. It will be solved with the next release.

Glad to hear! Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »