Train tracks branching 2859c# 2861c# and curve 74747

Train tracks branching 2859c# 2861c# and curve 74747
Hi all,

In this thread on the Studio forum, people are annoyed that one can’t make in-system/stud-aligned parallel tracks with those parts in Studio.

As there’s (still) problems with the 12V tracks connectors, I thought it was also a connection problem, and the devs tried to correct the connectors… but it’s actually the geometry that leads to the mis-alignement (and it can’t be cheated by moving the connectors).

There’s also comments/questionnings in the tracker (lastly from Steffen) about the accuracy of the geometry.

So,—and all this is just for info, I’m certainly not demanding anything—, can these parts make in-system/stud-aligned parallel tracks in real life?  And is someone working on them or thinking about it?
RE: Train tracks branching 2859c# 2861c# and curve 74747
(2023-01-11, 21:10)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Hi all,

In this thread on the Studio forum, people are annoyed that one can’t make in-system/stud-aligned parallel tracks with those parts in Studio.

As there’s (still) problems with the 12V tracks connectors, I thought it was also a connection problem, and the devs tried to correct the connectors… but it’s actually the geometry that leads to the mis-alignement (and it can’t be cheated by moving the connectors).

There’s also comments/questionnings in the tracker (lastly from Steffen) about the accuracy of the geometry.

So,—and all this is just for info, I’m certainly not demanding anything—, can these parts make in-system/stud-aligned parallel tracks in real life?  And is someone working on them or thinking about it?

I just ordered 9V and 4,5V switches the other day in order to review/correct them. It's not a job I'm looking forward to do but somehow these parts have to go off the Weekly New Parts list.

This will take time, but those parts will be fixed.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Train tracks branching 2859c# 2861c# and curve 74747
(2023-01-12, 8:07)Willy Tschager Wrote: I just ordered 9V and 4,5V switches the other day in order to review/correct them. It's not a job I'm looking forward to do but somehow these parts have to go off the Weekly New Parts list.

This will take time, but those parts will be fixed.

w.

Oh that’s great news  Smile

Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »