Naming of the Global Container Cargo Logo

Naming of the Global Container Cargo Logo
Hi there,

we have several stickers with the "cargo container logo" but with different naming:

"Global Container Cargo Logo"
2335d04.dat
2623d02.dat
820673a.dat
169675a.dat
169675b.dat
820673j.dat

"Global Container Cargo" (without Logo)
821421a.dat

"Box and Arrows and Globe Pattern"
4867p13.dat

"Blue Globe and Yellow Box and Curved Arrows Pattern"
4864ap07.dat

In my eyes "Global Container Cargo Logo" is fine, but it is against our rule to describe the pattern, which is best done with "Blue Globe and Yellow Box and Curved Arrows Pattern".
So what naming should be chosen?
RE: Naming of the Global Container Cargo Logo
Of the 2 non-sticker parts, 4867p13 and 4864ap07, Rebrickable is inconsistent ("World Shipment" and "Box and Arrows and Globe"), Bricklink uses variations of "Box and Arrows and Globe", and Brickset links back to Rebrickable.

Based on that I think "Blue Globe, Yellow Box, and Curved Arrows Pattern" is the best choice with "Box, Arrows, and Globe" an acceptable alternative if the former is deemed to be too wordy.
I made this some time ago, but I can't find it in the  forum. Maybe I never uploaded it...

"Blue Globe, Yellow Box, and Curved Arrows Pattern" sound fine.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-11-16, 21:42)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I made this some time ago, but I can't find it in the  forum. Maybe I never uploaded it...

I remember this excel sheet. Maybe we talked privately or both of use should use more text notes to remember things like this.  Big Grin

Edit: Found the list - it was in the Signal Group on June, 10th and Gerald made a list with the history of the logo versions.
(2022-11-16, 22:16)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Edit: Found the list - it was in the Signal Group on June, 10th and Gerald made a list with the history of the logo is written down.

Thanks.
I seem to have edited it since then.
Is anybody against renaming the parts to: "Blue Globe, Yellow Box, and Curved Arrows Pattern"?

Otherwise I would start this in the next week...
(2022-11-26, 20:17)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Is anybody against renaming the parts to: "Blue Globe, Yellow Box, and Curved Arrows Pattern"?

Go for it. I think we have consensus.
(2022-11-26, 20:17)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Is anybody against renaming the parts to: "Blue Globe, Yellow Box, and Curved Arrows Pattern"?

Go ahead.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »