"View Unread Posts" permalink?

"View Unread Posts" permalink?
The "View Unread Posts" link that appears in the action bar automatically redirects to a longer link with a unique sid value when you follow it. It's still possible to right click on the link and copy it before following, but it would handy to have some kind of permalink option that does this automatically.

Note: while I feel that this would be handy, it's not in any way something I would call important.
RE: "View Unread Posts" permalink?
I would love this too. One of the first things I looked into when we switched. Unfortunately, the way myBB does search precludes it and modding this behavior is complicated.
(2022-09-14, 23:03)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I would love this too. One of the first things I looked into when we switched. Unfortunately, the way myBB does search precludes it and modding this behavior is complicated.

I don't understand. All I'm asking is a simple way to copy the following URL into the user's clipboard:

https://forums.ldraw.org/search.php?action=unreads

When you open the above URL in a browser, forums.ldraw.org automatically redirects you to a URL with a unique ID, but the URL itself doesn't have a unique ID.
(2022-09-15, 16:34)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I don't understand. All I'm asking is a simple way to copy the following URL into the user's clipboard:

https://forums.ldraw.org/search.php?action=unreads

When you open the above URL in a browser, forums.ldraw.org automatically redirects you to a URL with a unique ID, but the URL itself doesn't have a unique ID.

Firefox right click menu includes "bookmark link" and "copy link", or just drag the link somewhere.

my 2cts...
I'm confused on what you want. You can right click on "View Unread Posts" and choose "Copy Link" in any browser.

.png   right click.png (Size: 10.14 KB / Downloads: 38)
Note: I'm not trying to be a smartass, please don't take it that way.
(2022-09-16, 21:38)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm confused on what you want. You can right click on "View Unread Posts" and choose "Copy Link" in any browser.

Note: I'm not trying to be a smartass, please don't take it that way.

I feel that many savvy web browing people don't realize that the link itself is missing the sid, since clicking on the link takes you to a page with a unique sid in the URL. So it might not occur to these people that they can simply copy the link, if they assume that it is a runtime generated link with the sid. And less savvy web browsing people might not be aware that they can right click on the link and copy it. So "copy permalink" button would help both categories of people.

To be clear, this isn't something that I consider to be a big problem, I just feel that adding such a button would be helpful.
(2022-09-17, 20:30)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I just feel that adding such a button would be helpful.

I'm getting closer but I still think we're not quite on the same page. When you refer to "adding a button" to the "action bar" I assumed you meant the same bar where the link "View Unread Post" is located. I suspect this is not the case hence my confusion. What, specifically, is the "action bar" that you are referring to?
(2022-09-18, 12:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm getting closer but I still think we're not quite on the same page. When you refer to "adding a button" to the "action bar" I assumed you meant the same bar where the link "View Unread Post" is located. I suspect this is not the case hence my confusion. What, specifically, is the "action bar" that you are referring to?

Hopefully this helps:

Actually, the tooltip should probably say "Copy Permalink"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »