LDCad Invisible rubberbands

Invisible rubberbands
Hello,

I have a problem with LDCad 1.6d in Windows 11 where my rubber bands turn up "invisible".

All I can see is the projected path of where the rubberband is supposed to go.

Went into the "TEMPLATES" bin and selected the "Rubber band templates" sub bin.

In that bin I have 2 choices: Either round or square rubberband.
They are shown as identical round dotted lines in the bin.
I picked the one marked as round.

I selected a rubber color (red) and placed the band where I wanted it. No rubberband visible, just its path.

Switched editing mode to "NESTED", still no visible rubberband, just the projected path AND it's control handles.
You can see my issue in the picture below. It's taken while in "NORMAL" editing or "VIEW" mode... they look identical so doesn't matter which.
Am I not supposed to see the actual rubberband until I render it or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for any help and / or advice!

Blake
RE: Invisible rubberbands
(2022-08-27, 6:54)Blake Wrote: I have a problem with LDCad 1.6d in Windows 11 where my rubber bands turn up "invisible".

All I can see is the projected path of where the rubberband is supposed to go.

It seems to fail finding/loading the segment donor part, ether  ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat or ldcRubberBandSqSeg.dat.

The donor folder should be listed in the ldraw paths dialog.

It is added automatically during the first start, but maybe the folder was moved later on?
(2022-08-27, 7:28)Roland Melkert Wrote: It seems to fail finding/loading the segment donor part, ether  ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat or ldcRubberBandSqSeg.dat.

The donor folder should be listed in the ldraw paths dialog.

It is added automatically during the first start, but maybe the folder was moved later on?

Thank you for the quick reply!
When I look in the Ldraw Search Paths window in LDCad I see the following listed in the Search Order box:
"Official C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete.zip" and it has a "shadowlocation" here:"C:\Users\(personal)\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\shadow\offLib\offLibShadow.csl"

"Unofficial  C:\Users\(personal)\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\donors\" That is in the "Location" box btw. The "Shadow" box is empty.

Also, when I check the "C:\Users\(personal)\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\donors\" folder all tha .DAT files are there including "ldcRubberBandRndSeg.dat AND ldcRubberBandSqSeg.dat"

So, um, do I need to reinstall  everything or can I create a new folder and just copy paste the content from the existing "donors" folder and if so where should I put this new folder?

Thank you again for your help! Smile
Create the folder and insert the missing files should be enough.
(2022-08-27, 16:51)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Create the folder and insert the missing files should be enough.

Thank you, I'll try that! Smile
(2022-08-27, 16:41)Blake Wrote: "Unofficial  C:\Users\(personal)\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\donors\" That is in the "Location" box btw. The "Shadow" box is empty.

Select this entry and change its type from "Unofficial library" to "Donors". That should fix it.
(2022-08-27, 17:07)N. W. Perry Wrote: Select this entry and change its type from "Unofficial library" to "Donors". That should fix it.

Oh snap! Too bad I didn't see this post before I made a new folder...
My way or rather Max Martin Richters way also worked out for me.
I copied the "Shadow" location to a new "donors" folder in my Ldraw install folder and now I can see my beloved rubberbands!

Thank you never the less N. W. Perry for your input! *thumbs up* Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »