9v motor 2838c01

9v motor 2838c01
Hello all,

I just noticed you can't (cleanly) inline 2838c01 (9V motor) because it has a couple of loose quads.

imho it should just have type 1 lines so you can inline it in order to animate the drive axle.

adjusting 2839a might also fix the need for those quads?
RE: 9v motor 2838c01
(2022-06-24, 19:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: imho it should just have type 1 lines so you can inline it in order to animate the drive axle.

Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure what exactly do you mean
(2022-07-12, 18:53)Max Murtazin Wrote: Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure what exactly do you mean

It's a 'complete'/shortcut part, so I would expect it to only have type 1 lines.

imho, the part seems to have a hotfix which should actually be remodeled into one of the subparts or moved to its own subpart.

But I'm not part author, so just some minor complaining from a usage pov Big Grin

I ran into this when I tried using the part in an LDCad animation.

The axle needs to turn so I wanted to inline the part but the quads made that (somewhat) more difficult.
Actually the "modern" way to build motors is to create a body shortcut (without rotating hub/axle) and possibly the see through blockers (the quads preventing to peek inside the body through slits it gaps), and a complete shortcut made from this body shortcut + hub/axle
(2022-07-12, 18:53)Max Murtazin Wrote: Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure what exactly do you mean

There's some quads in there as a "view blocker" (looking at the historical comments, to apparently prevent the motorless inside from showing) that will inline into the model if you inline the part to, say, rotate the axle or change the casing color. I think Roland's right, they should be removed.
This whole talk gave me craziest idea of doing something using the variable stuff from LDPE and a new meta command.

How I imagine this.

We set up the motor part to describe it using the variable for the axlehole position. Then, we have this new meta command I came up with: let it be, for example, "0 SETSTATE"

You use this meta command before the part, and then, let's say, you need to turn axlehole 45 degrees, so you set that meta command to be "0 SETSTATE 0.7854".

Crazy and breaks with backwards compatibility? Yes. But could it be implemented for, for example, software like LDCad? I thing that answer is also yes

(Please sorry me if there's already some thing like this and I just missed the whole point of conversation, english isn't quite the thing I'm best at)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »