LDView LDView LDView 4.4 Beta 3 test release

LDView LDView 4.4 Beta 3 test release
I have posted a test release for LDView 4.4 Beta 3 to GitHub:

https://github.com/tcobbs/ldview/release...v4.4_Beta3

Hopefully Linux binaries will be added tomorrow.

This release contains bug fixes since Beta 2, and also uses a Universal Binary for the Mac release. (This should run natively on Apple Silicon Macs, but I don't have access to such a machine to test if it work.)

The ChangeHistory.html file that is included in the release lists all of the changes since LDView 4.3. In the macOS version, ChangeHistory.html is in the dmg. In the Windows version, ChangeHistory.html gets installed to wherever you install LDView (C:\Program Files\LDView by default). I'm actually not sure where it goes in the Linux version. Please see my Alpha 6 announcement for a list of what I feel are the most important changes relative to LDView 4.3.

Please let me know about any problems you find. The preferred way to do that is with LDView's GitHub Issues tracker. However, if you do not want to create a GitHub account so that you can do that, you can reply to this message.
RE: LDView LDView 4.4 Beta 3 test release
(2020-11-24, 2:25)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I have posted a test release for LDView 4.4 Beta 3 to GitHub:

https://github.com/tcobbs/ldview/release...v4.4_Beta3

Hopefully Linux binaries will be added tomorrow.

This release contains bug fixes since Beta 2, and also uses a Universal Binary for the Mac release. (This should run natively on Apple Silicon Macs, but I don't have access to such a machine to test if it work.)

The ChangeHistory.html file that is included in the release lists all of the changes since LDView 4.3. In the macOS version, ChangeHistory.html is in the dmg. In the Windows version, ChangeHistory.html gets installed to wherever you install LDView (C:\Program Files\LDView by default). I'm actually not sure where it goes in the Linux version. Please see my Alpha 6 announcement for a list of what I feel are the most important changes relative to LDView 4.3.

Please let me know about any problems you find. The preferred way to do that is with LDView's GitHub Issues tracker. However, if you do not want to create a GitHub account so that you can do that, you can reply to this message.

Hello Travis,

as posted in the thread about Bricksmith,iIt seems that the beta version for MacOS is working again. I could load model 8110 Unimog U400, which is fairly big. I zoomed and panned a little bit. Worked very well. But I did not make any further tests except for printing. It always prints an empty page.
RE: LDView LDView 4.4 Beta 3 test release
(2020-11-25, 21:22)Manfred Kern Wrote: as posted in the thread about Bricksmith,iIt seems that the beta version for MacOS is working again. I could load model 8110 Unimog U400, which is fairly big. I zoomed and panned a little bit. Worked very well. But I did not make any further tests except for printing. It always prints an empty page.

Thanks. I can't reproduce the printing problem in Catalina. I have created an Issue in GitHub to track the problem:

https://github.com/tcobbs/ldview/issues/36

You might check to see if you can print to a PDF. If not, you'll have to save high-resolution snapshots and print the images.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »