LDCad It is recommended that melkert should write a book

It is recommended that melkert should write a book
Lightbulb 
It is recommended that melkert should write a book, a comprehensive introduction to ldcad
RE: It is recommended that melkert should write a book
(2020-09-16, 4:23)Shi.Yan Wrote: It is recommended that melkert should write a book, a comprehensive introduction to ldcad

The manual on my site was suppose to be that 'book' but I kinda got stock at chapter 3 due to lack of time and the fact people don't seem to read it anyway.
(2020-09-17, 20:01)Roland Melkert Wrote: The manual on my site was suppose to be that 'book' but I kinda got stock at chapter 3 due to lack of time and the fact people don't seem to read it anyway.

I’ve read it a few times. And I learn something new each time. :-D
(2020-09-17, 20:01)Roland Melkert Wrote: The manual on my site was suppose to be that 'book' but I kinda got stock at chapter 3 due to lack of time and the fact people don't seem to read it anyway.

Roland, the opposite is true: your documents are the only reason I started with LDCAD, really. LDCAD GUI is [diplomatic tone=maximum]not much standard[/diplomatic] Big Grin  and I was absolutely lost when seeing it for the first time. But after reading your documents and watching your videos, and even the fact itself that you prepared such GREAT documents, I changed my opinion completely and found what everything LDCAD can do.

Your documents are really, really great because they show both the GUI and the usual tasks one need to achieve while working on the lego set instructions or 3D model. So I could understand not only how something could be done but also WHY it was designed in this way. So I could think up other things myself, later - because I understood your way of thinking and the LDCAD design. Really good documentation and many thanks for it, Roland!
(2020-09-18, 4:30)Milan Vančura Wrote: Really good documentation and many thanks for it, Roland!

Well said! Another heartfelt "thank you" from me.
(2020-09-22, 13:31)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: Well said! Another heartfelt "thank you" from me.

Agreed. Though a book sounds nice? ;-)

If anyone is interested, I have written a few pages too.
In Dutch, but using Google translate perfectly understandable:
https://sites.google.com/site/binarybricks/ldcad
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl

Hi Roland,

I am new with LDCad and I still keep using your documentation as a reference when I am stuck!

For example, after studying the "Dynamic parts" I can now use pneumatic hoses in my LDCad creations. Without your instructions I could not have done it!

A good example of needing more instructions follows. I created a MOC that uses a chain and I am able to use the dynamic chain sized around the gears but it seems I cannot align the gear teeth to the chain even after rotating the pin and gear together (I am searching the forum for it now!).

Keep the awesome LDCad going!

Many Thanks,
Nikos
(2020-09-18, 4:30)Milan Vančura Wrote: Roland, the opposite is true: your documents are the only reason I started with LDCAD, really. LDCAD GUI is [diplomatic tone=maximum]not much standard[/diplomatic] Big Grin  and I was absolutely lost when seeing it for the first time. But after reading your documents and watching your videos, and even the fact itself that you prepared such GREAT documents, I changed my opinion completely and found what everything LDCAD can do.

Your documents are really, really great because they show both the GUI and the usual tasks one need to achieve while working on the lego set instructions or 3D model. So I could understand not only how something could be done but also WHY it was designed in this way. So I could think up other things myself, later - because I understood your way of thinking and the LDCAD design. Really good documentation and many thanks for it, Roland!

Completely agree to this one. If there wasn´t this great documentation, I would not have started to use LDCad! Big Grin  And about the GUI: Somehow this reminded me to the times of CATIA V4... Wink  (If anybody out there is old enough to know what it looked like... )
I would love to see some more chapters (for example about the intended use of groups)...
And also a big thanks for the shortcut summary, which i printed out because of intensive usage. Cool 

Roland, thank you so much for this tool and documentation!!! Heart Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »