LDCad Side profile script help

Side profile script help
Hello, 

I know this is possible but I know nothing of Regular expression. 

I would like to have a script that looks at the physical size of the model, then exports 6 images (one for each ortho view: front, back, left, right, top, and bottome) that are all at 300dpi based on the physical size. This will make a 1:1, 300dpi rendering of perfect size shots. 

Can someone help? I need it for making decals for many of the trains I create. 

Thanks in advance.
RE: Side profile script help
(2020-08-25, 5:28)Cam\s Bricks Wrote: Hello, 

I know this is possible but I know nothing of Regular expression. 

I would like to have a script that looks at the physical size of the model, then exports 6 images (one for each ortho view: front, back, left, right, top, and bottome) that are all at 300dpi based on the physical size. This will make a 1:1, 300dpi rendering of perfect size shots. 

Can someone help? I need it for making decals for many of the trains I create. 

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid this is not entirely possible in the 1.6 version as the scripts have no access to part dimensions and export without interaction at the moment.

You might be able to fake it somewhat by placing 6 helper parts at the maximum and minimum x,y,z locations.

Then a script could calculate the image dimensions for you, which you then use in the OpenGL export dialog.

But it might be just as easy to setup a spreadsheet for that.
RE: Side profile script help
(2020-08-25, 18:44)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm afraid this is not entirely possible in the 1.6 version as the scripts have no access to part dimensions and export without interaction at the moment.

You might be able to fake it somewhat by placing 6 helper parts at the maximum and minimum x,y,z locations.

Then a script could calculate the image dimensions for you, which you then use in the OpenGL export dialog.

But it might be just as easy to setup a spreadsheet for that.

Ahh ok I will just have to do up a spreadsheet then
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »