LDcad Pin Question

LDcad Pin Question
I did some searching for this but maybe its been answered and I missed it.

I want to know if there is a way to re-locate a pin on a specific object/part and have it stay there. So say I relocate the pin such that it lines up with the hinge of the top part of the treasure chest, now if I do a side rotate the treasure chest can be opened and closed without having to move the lid. Of course normally once you click off a part a pin resets, I'm wondering if I can tell it to stay in the location I've moved it to for that specific part?
RE: LDcad Pin Question
(2019-10-09, 17:39)EndĀ Unsure Wrote: I want to know if there is a way to re-locate a pin on a specific object/part and have it stay there. So say I relocate the pin such that it lines up with the hinge of the top part of the treasure chest, now if I do a side rotate the treasure chest can be opened and closed without having to move the lid. Of course normally once you click off a part a pin resets, I'm wondering if I can tell it to stay in the location I've moved it to for that specific part?

A temporary lock of the pin location can be done after you clanged the selection center trough 'right mouse (selection) menu'/selection center/static center

If you want it to stay there even after reloading the model you can do so by creating a single part group and set that groups center point to the wanted location.
If the pin is not at the default place making a group will ask if you want to use it as the group's center (unless a static center is active)
RE: LDcad Pin Question
(2019-10-09, 17:58)RolandĀ Melkert Wrote: A temporary lock of the pin location can be done after you clanged the selection center trough 'right mouse (selection) menu'/selection center/static center

If you want it to stay there even after reloading the model you can do so by creating a single part group and set that groups center point to the wanted location.
If the pin is not at the default place making a group will ask if you want to use it as the group's center (unless a static center is active)

Well dang, that is cool, thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »