need help with chains

need help with chains
Hello,

i have when loading my project in studio2.0 the problem that the chains are displayed only by gray boxes.
I use
LDCad 1.6.c
LPub3D 2.3.6 (because it is relatively stable with me)
Studio2.0 (2.0.6).

Can someone help me? I have very little idea of the internal processes of the programs, they want to use "only" ...

best regards
Stefan

Attached Files
.pdf   Studio2.pdf (Size: 213.24 KB / Downloads: 10)
RE: need help with chains
Hi Stefan
I just remeber to a Thread of Philo.
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23006-po...l#pid29746
Maybe that's the solution to your problem.
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-08-07, 19:44)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi Stefan
I just remeber to a Thread of Philo.
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23006-po...l#pid29746
Maybe that's the solution to your problem.

Hi Johann,
i used the only changeable part for chains. I think I used the LQ model like the flex hose, flex axis and cables. How can I find that out in LDCad? If I go to the submodel, I find the following text (see pdf)...
...the bottom picture is the result when i do phillipe's change in nested mode

Attached Files
.pdf   Studio2(1).pdf (Size: 436.52 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2019-08-07, 20:31)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Hi Johann,
i used the only changeable part for chains. I think I used the LQ model like the flex hose, flex axis and cables. How can I find that out in LDCad? If I go to the submodel, I find the following text (see pdf)...
HI Stefan
I just played a little bit with LDCad and create a new small chain in the front of the truck
After importing to Studio, this chain don't make problems.
Maybe you must create the chains new.
Undecided
Any one else ideas?

Attached Files
.png   Chain.PNG (Size: 91.99 KB / Downloads: 87)
(2019-08-07, 20:31)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Hi Johann,

Hi again
Quick and dirty solution, maybe not the correct way, but it works.
Open your file with Editor
Edit ---> Replace...
Search: 30104k01.dat
Replace with: 208.dat

Search: 30104k02.dat
Replace with: 209.dat

Save the file.
Enjoy!

Attached Files
.png   Chain1.PNG (Size: 131.85 KB / Downloads: 82)
(2019-08-07, 21:11)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi again
Quick and dirty solution, maybe not the correct way, but it works.
Open your file with Editor
Edit ---> Replace...
Search: 30104k01.dat
Replace with: 208.dat

Search: 30104k02.dat
Replace with: 209.dat

Save the file.
Enjoy!
Yes, Studio must have all parts in is library to properly show them - and 30104kxx is not. So you can either replace the missing part with a known equivalent as Johann proposed to do, or put the missing parts in studio CustomParts folder.
(2019-08-08, 7:41)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Yes, Studio must have all parts in is library to properly show them - and 30104kxx is not. So you can either replace the missing part with a known equivalent as Johann proposed to do, or put the missing parts in studio CustomParts folder.

The solution with the replacement works! Hey, thank you very much !!! What was the problem? did not studio know this component?
(2019-08-08, 14:06)Stefan Weinert Wrote: The solution with the replacement works! Hey, thank you very much !!! What was the problem? did not studio know this component?
Now I have the problem to reverse the change of the first proposal. I marked the chain in nested mode and opened properties. the values are reset, but the chain remains fragmented (see file). Unfortunately, I have no stand from before. It is not easy to rewrite the chain. If there is a simple solution, I accept it gladly, otherwise I must redraw the chain

Attached Files
.pdf   Studio2(2).pdf (Size: 517.25 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2019-08-08, 14:18)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Now I have the problem to reverse the change of the first proposal. I marked the chain in nested mode and opened properties. the values are reset, but the chain remains fragmented (see file). Unfortunately, I have no stand from before. It is not easy to rewrite the chain. If there is a simple solution, I accept it gladly, otherwise I must redraw the chain
I think you inserted additional "skin" sections.

You should be able to select the unwanted sections by clicking on the blue white stripped line during nested mode. Once selected you can delete them using the del key.

Also make sure "segment size" is 14 (it's set to 50 in your pdf)
(2019-08-08, 16:57)Roland Melkert Wrote: I think you inserted additional "skin" sections.

You should be able to select the unwanted sections by clicking on the blue white stripped line during nested mode. Once selected you can delete them using the del key.

Also make sure "segment size" is 14 (it's set to 50 in your pdf)
Hello roland, thank you for the answer. i was able to solve the problem together with johann, he inserted the component from a backup copy. the 50% came from the previous proposal, everything is back to 14%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »