LDraw.org 2019-01 Parts Update Now Available

LDraw.org 2019-01 Parts Update Now Available
The 2019-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 667 new files to the core library, including 498 new parts and 27 new primitives.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The small, but dedicated, band of reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit. 

You can preview the new parts in 2019-01 here, and download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

There is an impressive level of enthusiasm surrounding LDraw at present and this is reflected by the large number of files on the Parts Tracker which, prior to this update, stood at an all time high of 4640. Whilst this reflects the effort that is going into creating new parts, and the increase in active authors, it also hides a significant number of 'problem' files which fail to meet our standards. As a reminder, if these have remained untouched by the original author for three months, they are considered 'fair game' for any author to correct.

Although I have posted quite a lot of admin certifications over the past few weeks, there is still a backlog which I am addressing. I hope that my prioritising this Parts Update over further admin certifications is welcome. I am still hoping to get back to a two monthly update cycle and with the current level of authoring and reviewing activity, I am optimistic that the next Parts Update can be issued towards the end of August.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: LDraw.org 2019-01 Parts Update Now Available
(2019-06-28, 10:44)Chris Dee Wrote: The 2019-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 667 new files to the core library, including 498 new parts and 27 new primitives.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release. The small, but dedicated, band of reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the Parts Tracker and deserve just as much credit. 

You can preview the new parts in 2019-01 [/url][url=https://www.ldraw.org/library/updates/view1901/]here, and download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

There is an impressive level of enthusiasm surrounding LDraw at present and this is reflected by the large number of files on the Parts Tracker which, prior to this update, stood at an all time high of 4640. Whilst this reflects the effort that is going into creating new parts, and the increase in active authors, it also hides a significant number of 'problem' files which fail to meet our standards. As a reminder, if these have remained untouched by the original author for three months, they are considered 'fair game' for any author to correct.

Although I have posted quite a lot of admin certifications over the past few weeks, there is still a backlog which I am addressing. I hope that my prioritising this Parts Update over further admin certifications is welcome. I am still hoping to get back to a two monthly update cycle and with the current level of authoring and reviewing activity, I am optimistic that the next Parts Update can be issued towards the end of August.

Great! This is good news.
Thanks so much, Chris and to all who have contributed.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Awesome, thanks Chris. I hope my efforts to update the PT markup hasn't hampered your job too much.
Thanks for that new release Chris!
Thanks for the Update Chris. ??
Did only at me work the link wrong??
There are the parts of 2018-02 shown.
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-06-28, 15:59)Johann Eisner Wrote: Did only at me work the link wrong??
There are the parts of 2018-02 shown.
Indeed, corrected the link...
(2019-06-28, 16:10)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Indeed, corrected the link...

Thanks. ??
I was not sure, so I waited with a correction.
If nothing goes right, go left.
Thanks for the release! and everybody who reviews!
(2019-06-28, 16:10)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Indeed, corrected the link...

Thanks.
For consistency with the current naming convention the following parts should be renamed:

parts/3626cpd6d.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Red Tongue and Diamond on Cheek, Open Smile with Top Teeth Pattern
parts/3626cp8r.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eyebrows, Peach Lips, Open Smile with Teeth / Sleeping 2-Sided Pattern
parts/3626cp8x.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eyebrows, Pink Lips, Eyelashes / Sunglasses with Medium Lavender Frames 2-Sided Pattern
parts/3626cp8q.dat - Minifig Head Female Brown Eyebrows, Peach Lips, Pensive Smile / Scared 2-Sided Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with ...

parts/3626cp8u.dat - Minifig Head Medium Dark Flesh Glasses, Laugh Lines, Red Lips, Neutral / Raised Eyebrows Amused 2-Sided Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Medium Dark Flesh Glasses, Laugh Lines, Red Lips, Neutral / Raised Eyebrows Amused 2-Sided Pattern

parts/3626cpd8e.dat - Minifig Head with Black Eyebrows and Eyes with Eyelash, Broad Grin Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Black Eyebrows and Eyes with Eyelash, Broad Grin Pattern

parts/3626cpd6a.dat - Minifig Head with Magenta Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Grin with Teeth / Neutral 2-Sided Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Magenta Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Grin with Teeth / Neutral 2-Sided Pattern

parts/3626bp89.dat - Minifig Head with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud with Pierced Base)

to Minifig Head Female with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud with Pierced Base)

parts/3626cp89.dat - Minifig Head with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud)

to Minifig Head Female with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud)

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Is the "complete.zip" on the following page current?

https://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html

I have a "LDConfig.ldr" in my files that was created in May of this year, but the one in the archive is dated 2017!
(2019-07-09, 2:03)Michael Horvath Wrote: Is the "complete.zip" on the following page current?

https://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html

I have a "LDConfig.ldr" in my files that was created in May of this year, but the one in the archive is dated 2017!

complete.zip is always up to date. The proposed, new ldconfig wasn't finalized in time for this released.
(2019-07-09, 2:29)Orion Pobursky Wrote: complete.zip is always up to date. The proposed, new ldconfig wasn't finalized in time for this released.

Thanks. I must have gotten mixed up about which file was which.
(2019-07-07, 12:24)Willy Tschager Wrote: For consistency with the current naming convention the following parts should be renamed:

parts/3626cpd6d.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Red Tongue and Diamond on Cheek, Open Smile with Top Teeth Pattern
parts/3626cp8r.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eyebrows, Peach Lips, Open Smile with Teeth / Sleeping 2-Sided Pattern
parts/3626cp8x.dat - Minifig Head Female Black Eyebrows, Pink Lips, Eyelashes / Sunglasses with Medium Lavender Frames 2-Sided Pattern
parts/3626cp8q.dat - Minifig Head Female Brown Eyebrows, Peach Lips, Pensive Smile / Scared 2-Sided Pattern

OK, these all new parts for this update?
There are many more (official) parts that need modification to the descriptions.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that the update zip is missing the textures 3960p0b.png and 19201p01.png. I don't have time to investigate right now, but I got errors on those files while generating an updated parts catalog.
(2019-07-16, 7:20)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that the update zip is missing the textures 3960p0b.png and 19201p01.png. I don't have time to investigate right now, but I got errors on those files while generating an updated parts catalog.

I see that both of these textures are from parts in earlier updates (probably before textures were supported). There is one other part with a missing texture also. All three existing official parts have fallback geometry, but given that they reference unofficial texture files, I think it would be good if people could certify those texture files. I have done so. The three texture files are as follows:

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/textures/3960p0b.png
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/textures/19201p01.png
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...204p01.png
done!
(2019-07-16, 20:24)Steffen Wrote: done!
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any textures in the current complete.zip.

LDCad is loading the png from the unoffical parts zip, so I didn't notice the missing files at first.

Code:
02266 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | render prep | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete-1901.zip\ldraw\parts\3960p0b.dat | Starting
02267 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Info     | render prep | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete-1901.zip\ldraw\parts\3960p0b.dat | Raw data has 11228 potential vertices (tri 80; quad 1031; norLine 452; conLine 1490)
02268 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | PNG file load | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\ldrawunf20190405.zip\parts\textures\3960p0b.png | Starting
02269 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | PNG file load | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\ldrawunf20190405.zip\parts\textures\3960p0b.png | done (succes).
(2019-07-16, 21:37)Roland Melkert Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any textures in the current complete.zip.

LDCad is loading the png from the unoffical parts zip, so I didn't notice the missing files at first.

Code:
02266 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | render prep | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete-1901.zip\ldraw\parts\3960p0b.dat | Starting
02267 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Info     | render prep | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\complete-1901.zip\ldraw\parts\3960p0b.dat | Raw data has 11228 potential vertices (tri 80; quad 1031; norLine 452; conLine 1490)
02268 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | PNG file load | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\ldrawunf20190405.zip\parts\textures\3960p0b.png | Starting
02269 | 2019-07-16_23:31:28 | Progress | PNG file load | C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\ldrawunf20190405.zip\parts\textures\3960p0b.png | done (succes).

As far as I can tell, there have been no officially released textures. LDView was automatically downloading the unofficial ones for these parts. I believe that all of these parts were certified before textures were supported by the parts tracker, so they didn't show up as having uncertified dependent files. I don't think this can happen going forward, since I assume that the textures are considered to be dependent files of the files they are used in.
(2019-07-16, 22:29)Travis Cobbs Wrote: As far as I can tell, there have been no officially released textures. LDView was automatically downloading the unofficial ones for these parts. I believe that all of these parts were certified before textures were supported by the parts tracker, so they didn't show up as having uncertified dependent files. I don't think this can happen going forward, since I assume that the textures are considered to be dependent files of the files they are used in.

Yes, that is correct.
(2019-07-07, 12:24)Willy Tschager Wrote: For consistency with the current naming convention the following parts should be renamed:

parts/3626cp8u.dat - Minifig Head Medium Dark Flesh Glasses, Laugh Lines, Red Lips, Neutral / Raised Eyebrows Amused 2-Sided Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Medium Dark Flesh Glasses, Laugh Lines, Red Lips, Neutral / Raised Eyebrows Amused 2-Sided Pattern

parts/3626cpd8e.dat - Minifig Head with Black Eyebrows and Eyes with Eyelash, Broad Grin Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Black Eyebrows and Eyes with Eyelash, Broad Grin Pattern

parts/3626cpd6a.dat - Minifig Head with Magenta Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Grin with Teeth / Neutral 2-Sided Pattern

to Minifig Head Female with Magenta Eye Mask, Dark Red Lips, Grin with Teeth / Neutral 2-Sided Pattern

parts/3626bp89.dat - Minifig Head with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud with Pierced Base)

to Minifig Head Female with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud with Pierced Base)

parts/3626cp89.dat - Minifig Head with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud)

to Minifig Head Female with Red Lips Annoyed / Smiling 2-Sided Pattern (Hollow Stud)

w.

All recycled through the Parts Tracker and fasttrack certified.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »