Parts Tracker and BFC NOCLIP

Parts Tracker and BFC NOCLIP
I tried to submit files that contain the following syntax in the header:

0 BFC CERTIFY CCW

0 BFC NOCLIP

The PT does not accept such files anymore, although IMHO this is an allowed combination of commands, isn't it?

thanks
RE: Parts Tracker and BFC NOCLIP
(2018-12-26, 15:01)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I tried to submit files that contain the following syntax in the header:

0 BFC CERTIFY CCW

0 BFC NOCLIP

The PT does not accept such files anymore, although IMHO this is an allowed combination of commands, isn't it?

thanks

It is legal according to the BFC spec, but there are two problems:

1. BFC NOCLIP is not allowed in the header, according to the official header spec.
  2. BFC NOCLIP should never be used for an entire file. If that's what you want, don't BFC-certify the file.
(2018-12-27, 4:31)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2018-12-26, 15:01)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I tried to submit files that contain the following syntax in the header:

0 BFC CERTIFY CCW

0 BFC NOCLIP

thanks

It is legal according to the BFC spec, but there are two problems:

1. BFC NOCLIP is not allowed in the header, according to the official header spec.
  2. BFC NOCLIP should never be used for an entire file. If that's what you want, don't BFC-certify the file.

The header checks were strengthened with the recent changes to the submit script. As there is no end-of-header statement it assumes all type 0 commands before the first non type 0 commands are part of the header. If you have a section that you need to BFC NOCLIP, just move it after the first non type 0 command and it won't be treated as part of the header.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Alright, so the file I wanted to use it for was the Magnifying Glass Lens.

So for the plain lens, I can upload the part without the BFC NOCLIP statement.

For the part which will have a pattern, the cross-hair, just the area including the cross-hair pattern needs to come after the BFC NOCLIP.
I can see how for the crosshairs subpart, it would in fact make sense to mark the file as BFC CERTIFY, and then have the whole file be NOCLIP. Just setting the file to NOCERTIFY would imply that someone in the future could improve it by BFC certifying it, when in fact that is not the case. But it sounds like that is not possible on the tracker right now. Chris, is there any chance of updating the header check to allow the last line of the header to be 0 BFC NOCLIP?
I agree with Travis here:

The (body-)legal line
0 BFC NOCLIP
should be treated the same way as any other line which marks the end of the header, i.e.
1 ...
2 ...
3 ...
4 ...
5 ...
0 BFC INVERTNEXT
etc.
(2018-12-28, 5:29)Steffen Wrote: I agree with Travis here:

The (body-)legal line
0 BFC NOCLIP
should be treated the same way as any other line which marks the end of the header, i.e.
1 ...
2 ...
3 ...
4 ...
5 ...
0 BFC INVERTNEXT
etc.

This should be fixed now - but it wasn't something I could do remotely whilst visiting family for the holidays.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Quote:This should be fixed now - but it wasn't something I could do remotely whilst visiting family for the holidays.

Of course not ☺
Nobody expected that ☺
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »