Lpub How to add a submodel render in building isntruction

Lpub How to add a submodel render in building isntruction
hi guys i was wondering if there its any command or option that lpub can show you the sub model that you will be building as it was the PLI.

this is an example i do inserting an image of the sub model.

[Image: pblb37I.png]

And also if there is any way to ask to render lpub a final image of the model. some times when i finish a building instruction is inside a sub model and i dont get a final render of the model in the last page. what im doing now is a render and add it as a image.
RE: Lpub How to add a submodel render in building isntruction
(2018-10-25, 17:05)tatubias Wrote: hi guys i was wondering if there its any command or option that lpub can show you the sub model that you will be building as it was the PLI.

And also if there is any way to ask to render lpub a final image of the model. some times when i finish a building instruction is inside a sub model and i dont get a final render of the model in the last page. what im doing now is a render and add it as a image.

Hello

Maybe this works for question number one.
What excatly to you mean with question number two?

Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2018-10-25, 17:41)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-10-25, 17:05)tatubias Wrote: hi guys i was wondering if there its any command or option that lpub can show you the sub model that you will be building as it was the PLI.

Hello

Johann

i dont undestand what you ment with "Maybe this works for question number one."

Regarding the second question is. that in my last step i have a rotation steps to add some brick below all the model.

[Image: 1POrLdT.png]

as you can see i had to add a rendered image of the  model as png in the next page so we can see how the model is finish.

this image is not a render from lpub. its a png exported from ldview.
[Image: RKbNn1S.png]

what im looking is a way to automate this. To add the renderd sub model and an extra render of a final model and not work arround adding png files to the original building instruction.
(2018-10-25, 18:05)tatubias Wrote:
(2018-10-25, 17:41)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hello

Johann

i dont undestand what you ment with "Maybe this works for question number one."

Regarding the second question is. that in my last step i have a rotation steps to add some brick below all the model.

as you can see i had to add a rendered image of the  model as png in the next page so we can see how the model is finish.

what im looking is a way to automate this. To add the renderd sub model and an extra render of a final model and not  work arround adding png files to the original building instruction.

Hi
Sorry, i forget the link ---> https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22799.html

Answer for second:
That's easy:
Use Buffer Exchange for the last step -->

0 STEP
0 ROTSTEP 0 90 -90 ABS
0 BUFEXCHG A STORE
1 0 -60 -8 -100 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2654.dat
1 0 -20 -8 -100 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2654.dat
1 0 -20 -8 120 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2654.dat
1 0 -60 -8 120 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2654.dat
1 0 -40 -8 360 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2654.dat
0 STEP
0 ROTSTEP END
0 BUFEXCHG A RETRIEVE
0 !LPUB PART BEGIN IGN
0 !LPUB PART END
0 STEP

Regards Johann
(2018-10-25, 18:18)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-10-25, 18:05)tatubias Wrote: i dont undestand what you ment with "Maybe this works for question number one."

what im looking is a way to automate this. To add the renderd sub model and an extra render of a final model and not  work arround adding png files to the original building instruction.

Hi
Sorry, i forget the link ---> https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22799.html

Answer for second:
That's easy:
Use Buffer Exchange for the last step -->

0 STEP
0 ROTSTEP 0 90 -90 ABS
0 BUFEXCHG A STORE
0 STEP
0 ROTSTEP END
0 BUFEXCHG A RETRIEVE
0 !LPUB PART BEGIN IGN
0 !LPUB PART END
0 STEP

Regards Johann

Excellent tricks

Excellent work around. thank you very much.
I did test the tre trick and work perfect, but it'sa slow CPU resourceful process.

I will probably continue width the PNG way it's faster and less CPU intensive.

I will export the full assembled step from ldview with transparent background and merge it with a template made with border in photoshop.
(2018-10-26, 11:09)tatubias Wrote: I did test the tre trick and work perfect, but it'sa slow CPU resourceful process.

I will export the full assembled step from ldview with transparent background and merge it with a template made with border in photoshop.

Submodell picture or Buffer exchange?
For submodell picture it is of course the better way.
(2018-10-26, 11:19)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-10-26, 11:09)tatubias Wrote: I did test the tre trick and work perfect, but it'sa slow CPU resourceful process.

Submodell picture or Buffer exchange?

For the model image. its faster.  for buffer exchange i use it as it should with buffer exchange.

[Image: 04JHV4E.png]

the only thing that using the image you have at least 2 ways.

1 - take a screenshot from 3dviewer from lpub3d then send it to a image editor and add the border. The bad thing there is that the screenshot its low quality allways.

2 - the other way is to open the file get the sub model, export it and open it on ldview. then export the hi res image to the photo editor software and make the image with the border. as its in the picture upper. but its also lot of work.

its a pitty that lpub3d in the viewer does not brings an option to export the 3d view into a png file with the possibility to set the dpi, background color or transparent background.
(2018-10-26, 17:42)tatubias Wrote:
(2018-10-26, 11:19)Johann Eisner Wrote: Submodell picture or Buffer exchange?

For the model image. its faster.  for buffer exchange i use it as it should with buffer exchange.

1 - take a screenshot from 3dviewer from lpub3d then send it to a image editor and add the border. The bad thing there is that the screenshot its low quality allways.

2 - the other way is to open the file get the sub model, export it and open it on ldview. then export the hi res image to the photo editor software and make the image with the border. as its in the picture upper. but its also lot of work.

its a pitty that lpub3d in the viewer does not brings an option to export the 3d view into a png file with the possibility to set the dpi, background color or transparent background.

Hi
You do not have to go over the detour with the export, so you can open the subfile in LDView. Select "Tools" ---> "MPD Model Selection" ---> in the menu bar and then the subfile you need. If you change the manual in between, you can reload the model with "Reload" in the File menu or with F5.

Attached Files
.png   2.PNG (Size: 12.09 KB / Downloads: 55)
.png   3.PNG (Size: 15.7 KB / Downloads: 55)
(2018-10-26, 19:02)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-10-26, 17:42)tatubias Wrote: For the model image. its faster.  for buffer exchange i use it as it should with buffer exchange.

Hi
You do not have to go over the detour with the export, so you can open the subfile in LDView. Select "Tools" ---> "MPD Model Selection" ---> in the menu bar and then the subfile you need. If you change the manual in between, you can reload the model with "Reload" in the File menu or with F5.

Tha k hoy very muuuuuy have I did not realize that it was available that option . You made me save loooots of editing hours.

This feature is under development and will be available in the next version of LPub3D.
See https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/is...-435782765 for details.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-11-07, 10:45)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:

This feature is under development and will be available in the next version of LPub3D.

Excellent feature! Probably it's being desired by lot of people.
(2018-11-07, 10:45)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:

Great Idea
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »