Lpub 3d not showing PIL object

Lpub 3d not showing PIL object
guys im trying to add the wedo 2.0 hub into a model. i have noticed that the object is shown in the building isntruction but its not shown at the PLI. does some one know why? it is due its too big, or it cant find the object in a library?

the object is: 19071c01.dat

0 STEP

1 71 0 0 0 0 -0.005 -1 -0.001 1 -0.005 1 0.001 0 19071c01.dat

i have noticed in some models when objects are not shown in the PLI secction its due the file its not find on the lpub db or something like that as an not valid example it that you may have a file called 3701a.dat and its not shown at the PLI but if you rename it to 3701.dat it appears. i know its not the same object but looks very similar too. and for a building insruction its good enough.

any other object number to replace 19071c01.dat

[Image: 4ErJyIn.png]
RE: Lpub 3d not showing PIL object
it seems that lpub cant render the upper part of the 19071.dat file.

its perfect on any cad, and if i open it on licreator its shown as its expected.

so may be some miss interpretation of lpub of the 19071.dat file or a little bug on the dat file it self

that part its made from several other parts its probably the issue on s\19066s01.dat
i have found the issue. it was nothing related what i was expecting.

it looks like lpub was looking thoes files on lpub3dldrawunf.zip and complete.zip as they were not there it did not add them into the PLI.

so what i did was copy them into the zip files and now its working as expected.

[Image: OieInEn.png]

[Image: jdpmxCD.png]

so problem solved. Smile
(2018-10-12, 20:30)tatubias Wrote: i have found the issue. it was nothing related what i was expecting.

it looks like lpub was looking thoes files on lpub3dldrawunf.zip and complete.zip as they were not there it did not add them into the PLI.

so problem solved. Smile

Your workaround is OK, but you can also automate it a bit. For unofficial or custom parts, do this:

Create a subfolder under the Unofficial directory you have i.e. C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts

Further, mimic the LDraw 'parts' and 'p' subfolder structure to end with the following additional structure under the Unofficial folder
     C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts\\parts
     C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts\\p

Place your unofficial, custom parts and (if any) primitives in the respective custom folders

Find the LPub3D.ini file and put this line where LDraw Search Directories are configured. That line should read something like this:

LDSearchDirs=C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts

LPub3D will now archive your parts to the lpub3dldrawunf.zip and should render and show the parts in PLI and BOM.

You can have more then one of these searchdirs separate by commas like for example this:

LDSearchDirs=C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\MODELS, C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\unofficial\\custom\\Parts, C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\unofficial\\Helpers\\parts

Do you use LDCad as editor? You can point to these folders too to use as parts library folders.
This way, you have complete control over your unofficial and custom parts and do not have to copy them manually.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Hi

I still use MLCad as editor and that's the way it works best.
I simply import the part in a submodell and then paste it as a part.
This always worked without any detours.

Regards Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2018-11-07, 17:40)Johann Eisner Wrote: I still use MLCad as editor and that's the way it works best.

OK, and does LPub3D render the unofficial/custom parts in PLI and BOM too?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-11-07, 21:54)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 17:40)Johann Eisner Wrote: I still use MLCad as editor and that's the way it works best.

Yes.
(2018-11-07, 21:54)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:

I use this method to insert, for example, motors with cable in the PLI and BOM.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2018-11-07, 11:11)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 20:30)tatubias Wrote: i have found the issue. it was nothing related what i was expecting.

so problem solved. Smile

Your workaround is OK, but you can also automate it a bit. For unofficial or custom parts, do this:

Create a subfolder under the Unofficial directory you have i.e. C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts

Further, mimic the LDraw 'parts' and 'p' subfolder structure to end with the following additional structure under the Unofficial folder
     C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts\\parts
     C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts\\p

Place your unofficial, custom parts and (if any) primitives in the respective custom folders

Find the LPub3D.ini file and put this line where LDraw Search Directories are configured. That line should read something like this:

LDSearchDirs=C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\Unofficial\\your_custom_parts

LPub3D will now archive your parts to the lpub3dldrawunf.zip and should render and show the parts in PLI and BOM.

You can have more then one of these searchdirs separate by commas like for example this:

LDSearchDirs=C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\MODELS, C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\unofficial\\custom\\Parts, C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\LDraw\\unofficial\\Helpers\\parts

Do you use LDCad as editor? You can point to these folders too to use as parts library folders.
This way, you have complete control over your unofficial and custom parts and do not have to copy them manually.

In windows where is LPub3D.ini I can't find it.

I have a mix installation now between ldraw all in one and Lpub3D stand alone installation.

Probably if I'm brave enough I will remove all and install only Ldcad and Lpub3D with ldraw library to smoke it simple. Remove all pov leocad ldsynth etc
(2018-11-08, 17:04)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 21:54)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: OK, and does LPub3D render the unofficial/custom parts in PLI and BOM too?

I use this method to insert, for example, motors with cable in the PLI and BOM.

I like this method it saves lot of space on the pli secction
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »