Model 8022-1

Model 8022-1
Photo 
Hi all,

I wanted to upload a model I made. I am totally new to this, so any feedback is more than welcome.

[Image: zEUEENM.png]

Best regards,
Charles

Attached Files
.mpd   8022-1 - Plane.mpd (Size: 5.73 KB / Downloads: 2)
RE: Model 8022-1
Hi Charles,

welcome to this forum and congratulation for submitting a model which is OMR compliant. I'd like to point out just one thing. According to the Official Model Repository (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.3 the optional qualifier was the wrong choice:

The
Code:
<Optional Qualifier>
is not mandatory and gets added only if there is more than one set that could be assigned the same
Code:
<Set Number>
. The first set using a given number would be understood to never contain the qualifier however numbering should start with the oldest set and some investigation should be done in existing set databases.
Example:

Code:
6901 - Mobile Lab.mpd (Produced in 1980)
6901-2 - Space Plane.mpd (Produced in 1998)

The correct naming of the MPD would be: 8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set - Plane.mpd

See:

For playsets or other sets where there are multiple models that are part of an integral whole, all of the submodels will be contained in one MPD.
Example:
The creator set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters has 3 models in the instructions:

Code:
4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Roadster.mpd
4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Dragster.mpd
4896 - Roaring Roadsters - SUV.mpd

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Hi Willy,

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought the optional qualifier was meant for submodels, but I was wrong Cool .

One question: Do I need to finish the other submodels before this one will be uploaded?
In this particular case, I want to finish the other submodels anyway, but I am just wondering because for some set the submodels can't really bother me.

I am a bit confused by the fact that "for playsets or other sets where there are multiple models that are part of an integral whole, all of the submodels will be contained in one MPD." If I look at the existing models, the submodels are always seperate files, e.g., http://omr.ldraw.org/set/850-1/. Is it just that for uploading, all the submodels are part of one MPD file, while they might appear on the website as different MPD files?

Best regards!
Charles
(2018-08-05, 5:19)Charles Farmer Wrote: One question: Do I need to finish the other submodels before this one will be uploaded?

No. The real question is why aren't there any new uploads since Dec. 28, 2017? I'll have to investigate?

(2018-08-05, 5:19)Charles Farmer Wrote: I am a bit confused by the fact that "for playsets or other sets where there are multiple models that are part of an integral whole, all of the submodels will be contained in one MPD." If I look at the existing models, the submodels are always seperate files, e.g., http://omr.ldraw.org/set/850-1/. Is it just that for uploading, all the submodels are part of one MPD file, while they might appear on the website as different MPD files?

Scratch that. Nobody ever did it and we should rather change the rule than the other way around.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-08-06, 16:40)Willy Tschager Wrote: Scratch that. Nobody ever did it and we should rather change the rule than the other way around.

Ah, I just read this message, while I just enthusiastically finished all the other models of 8022 Smile

[Image: pE4PzIF.png]
[Image: cNjIsjH.png]
[Image: DMj19sS.png]
[Image: vv7N7BM.png]

I put all the submodels in one MPD file. I am happy to hear your feedback Tongue 

Charles

Attached Files
.mpd   8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set.mpd (Size: 25.88 KB / Downloads: 1)
Instead of putting all the submodels in one MPD file, I also made four seperate files, consistent with other examples (e.g., see http://omr.ldraw.org/set/850-1/). For uploading, one can decide what is of best use.  Blush
Of course, if there are some issues with the models I created, please let me know.

Best regards,
Charles

Attached Files
.mpd   8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set.mpd (Size: 5.78 KB / Downloads: 3)
.mpd   8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set - Tow Truck.mpd (Size: 6.53 KB / Downloads: 2)
.mpd   8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set - Robot.mpd (Size: 7.61 KB / Downloads: 1)
.mpd   8022 - TECHNIC Starter Set - Racecar.mpd (Size: 5.97 KB / Downloads: 1)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »