Opening LGEO parts in other softwares

Opening LGEO parts in other softwares
I was wondering if it is possible to open the the LGEO part files in other softwares than Pov-Ray? For example, I want to open Darats' files in Blender? When downloading his library there is a folder called "STL Parts" but it contains all .inc files. Is it possible to convert these back into .stl files?
RE: Opening LGEO parts in other softwares
(2018-06-15, 14:45)Mikkel Bech Jensen Wrote: I was wondering if it is possible to open the the LGEO part files in other softwares than Pov-Ray? For example, I want to open Darats' files in Blender? When downloading his library there is a folder called "STL Parts" but it contains all .inc files. Is it possible to convert these back into .stl files?

Yes STL parts is maybe a wrong name...
You can use PoseRay to convert the parts to obj files. Be aware that my parts don’t have studs, so it will require some extra work to get a good result.
(2018-06-16, 8:50)Damien Roux Wrote:
(2018-06-15, 14:45)Mikkel Bech Jensen Wrote: I was wondering if it is possible to open the the LGEO part files in other softwares than Pov-Ray? For example, I want to open Darats' files in Blender? When downloading his library there is a folder called "STL Parts" but it contains all .inc files. Is it possible to convert these back into .stl files?

Yes STL parts is maybe a wrong name...
You can use PoseRay to convert the parts to obj files. Be aware that my parts don’t have studs, so it will require some extra work to get a good result.

Thank you! I will try that out
(2018-06-16, 20:25)Mikkel Bech Jensen Wrote: Thank you! I will try that out
Just load the lcd,lxf or mpd in LeoCAD and export it as an obj file.
Then start Blender and import the exported obj file.
From Blender there are more export options available, maybe this helps..., I hope so!

Finito la muszika...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »