Private Internet Access VPN and ldraw.org

Private Internet Access VPN and ldraw.org
I recently discovered that the webhost for the forums, wiki, and OMR is actively blocking the IP addresses of most of the exit nodes for the Private Internet Access VPN service. The main site has a different webhost and is unaffected. Currently, if you want to access these 3 parts of ldraw.org while logged into PIA, I have found that Las Vegas, Brazil, the 3 Canadian exit nodes work. There may be others as I didn't test them all. If this is affecting you, I have opened a support ticket with them and will update this post when I know more.
RE: Private Internet Access VPN and ldraw.org
(2018-05-26, 5:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I recently discovered that the webhost for the forums, wiki, and OMR is actively blocking the IP addresses of most of the exit nodes for the Private Internet Access VPN service. The main site has a different webhost and is unaffected. Currently, if you want to access these 3 parts of ldraw.org while logged into PIA, I have found that Las Vegas, Brazil, the 3 Canadian exit nodes work. There may be others as I didn't test them all. If this is affecting you, I have opened a support ticket with them and will update this post when I know more.

Here's the host's reply:

What you're seeing is due to an attack against our network
from Private Internet Access IP addresses.

We are neither blocking their entire network blocks or ranges, but we are
blocking individual IP addresses when we see that they've made hundreds
of malicious requests to our systems.

There have been quite a few of these IP addresses. It appears someone is
exploiting the anonymity of PIA for their own malicious purposes.

Please note that the blocked IP addresses will be delisted automatically
if we stop seeing malicious activity from them.

If you have specific IP addresses you'd like us to check, we can look
into temporarily delisting them, please note, however, that should we
continue to see the rampant activity, we will relist the IP.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »